The Student Room Group

all my options are gone :(

hello, i've always wanted to be a voice actress so i chose performing arts for my gcse options but i found out they took it off because less than 15 people wanted to do it. my backup option was photography because i also have a passion for that but i found out i cant do it if i want to do triple science because they run at the same time. now i'm stuck and i don't know what to do. i could take french but i really dont enjoy it. theres also creative imedia but i'm not sure if it will be good for me. all that seems interesting is the game designing part and theres a lot of 'popular' boys doing it that will probably be loud and distracting. please helppp!! btw all my friends are doing art but im bad at it and really dont like it. they all want me to do it with them
Original post by nunu554
hello, i've always wanted to be a voice actress so i chose performing arts for my gcse options but i found out they took it off because less than 15 people wanted to do it. my backup option was photography because i also have a passion for that but i found out i cant do it if i want to do triple science because they run at the same time. now i'm stuck and i don't know what to do. i could take french but i really dont enjoy it. theres also creative imedia but i'm not sure if it will be good for me. all that seems interesting is the game designing part and theres a lot of 'popular' boys doing it that will probably be loud and distracting. please helppp!! btw all my friends are doing art but im bad at it and really dont like it. they all want me to do it with them

First I thought it would be worth saying, you don't need to do GCSE preforming arts to become a voice actress.
Why do you want to do triple science? In the long run it will make no difference to you if you do combined instead. Honestly go ahead and do photography--you won't regret it!!!

I think your getting way too stressed over the whole GCSE thing. Universities don't really care about your GCSE subject choice, as long as you have got English, maths and science. Schools really overplay how important your gcse choices are.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by glassalice
First I thought it would be worth saying, you don't need to do GCSE preforming arts to become a voice actress.
Why do you want to do triple science? In the long run it will make no difference to you if you do combined instead.

I think your getting way too stressed over the whole GCSE thing. It doesn't matter what GCSEs you end up taking, as long as you have got English, maths and science most universities don't care about your other choices. Schools really overplay

i wanted to do triple science in case being a voice actress didnt work out so i'd have like a backup plan yk. so should i do combined science and photography?
Original post by nunu554

Is there a reason you need to do triple science like you are aiming for a career using science like careers related to medicine or engineering? If not, I would pick double science and photography as it sounds like you would enjoy that.
Original post by nunu554
i wanted to do triple science in case being a voice actress didnt work out so i'd have like a backup plan yk. so should i do combined science and photography?

Yes!!! You can still go on to do science A-Levels with combined sciences.
Original post by nunu554

Yeah as combined scienve wont stop you from going further
I took combined science and then took 2 science a levels (biology and chemistry) didn't feel at all disadvantaged and it wasn't an issue in applying for science in uni.
Original post by nunu554

update: ended up picking imedia lol im fine with my decision now thank you for all the replies <3

Quick Reply

Latest