The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

How do I get in?

So I'm In year 10 currently studying all sorts of gcse's and I would like to focus on the subjects that I will need to get into this uni I would like to do a bachelors degree in business/management. also any other things that would help me get this course would be greatly appreciated thanks!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by C3nz13
So I'm In year 10 currently studying all sorts of gcse's and I would like to focus on the subjects that I will need to get into this uni I would like to do a bachelors degree in business/management. also any other things that would help me get this course would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Probably best to look at universities and their general requirements. It is usually complicated at first to understand but you should easily spot what it says.

For the most part, I don't think a business degree would require any specific subjects, however, it would probably be useful to study one or more of these at Alevel:

Maths
Business
Economics
Sociology
History
IT

However, the most important thing is to choose something you enjoy/ will motivate you.

You could apply to do work experience at either some local firms or larger ones: Ernest Young and PWC. This would give you an insight into the job as well as experience which would greatly help your application.

You could also try MOOC's (Massive Open Online courses) or try out your own business venture: Upselling things in eBay idk.

It may be an asset to be part of the school council or perhaps head boy/girl as this would demonstrate teamwork and leadership.

Hope this helps
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Probably best to look at universities and their general requirements. It is usually complicated at first to understand but you should easily spot what it says.

For the most part, I don't think a business degree would require any specific subjects, however, it would probably be useful to study one or more of these at Alevel:

Maths
Business
Economics
Sociology
History
IT

However, the most important thing is to choose something you enjoy/ will motivate you.

You could apply to do work experience at either some local firms or larger ones: Ernest Young and PWC. This would give you an insight into the job as well as experience which would greatly help your application.

You could also try MOOC's (Massive Open Online courses) or try out your own business venture: Upselling things in eBay idk.

It may be an asset to be part of the school council or perhaps head boy/girl as this would demonstrate teamwork and leadership.

Hope this helps

Yes it does thanks I'll take a look.
Original post by C3nz13

Hey there!
So pleased to hear you're considering applying to Kent :smile: I'd definitely recommend checking out the course information page for Business Management as it outlines the entry requirements and any particular A-levels that you may need to get in. As far as I am aware, Kent don't ask for any particular A-levels but you may find the transition easier if you took a related A-level.
Here's the link to the course page - Business Management
You can also search for other related courses as well - Undergraduate courses

I hope that this helps! If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by StudentRep Annabel
Hey there!
So pleased to hear you're considering applying to Kent :smile: I'd definitely recommend checking out the course information page for Business Management as it outlines the entry requirements and any particular A-levels that you may need to get in. As far as I am aware, Kent don't ask for any particular A-levels but you may find the transition easier if you took a related A-level.
Here's the link to the course page - Business Management
You can also search for other related courses as well - Undergraduate courses

I hope that this helps! If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask :smile:

Thanks I'll make sure to check out the A-levels. I do have one more question though, is it hard to get in?
Original post by C3nz13

Hello @C3nz13,

I am currently a second-year student studying Business Management and Leadership at University of Coventry (Scarborough Campus).

For more information about the degrees in which Coventry (Scarborough) offer please click here to see the entry requirements needed in order to apply for this course.

Hope this has helped!

Aimee - Student Ambassador (Coventry- Scarborough)
Reply 6
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hello @C3nz13,

I am currently a second-year student studying Business Management and Leadership at University of Coventry (Scarborough Campus).

For more information about the degrees in which Coventry (Scarborough) offer please click here to see the entry requirements needed in order to apply for this course.

Hope this has helped!

Aimee - Student Ambassador (Coventry- Scarborough)

OK thanks I'll check it
Original post by C3nz13
Thanks I'll make sure to check out the A-levels. I do have one more question though, is it hard to get in?

No problem!
I have realised we are having the same conversation on two threads, if you check out my reply to your post on the 'I'm a Current Kent Student' thread then that should help you out :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by StudentRep Annabel
No problem!
I have realised we are having the same conversation on two threads, if you check out my reply to your post on the 'I'm a Current Kent Student' thread then that should help you out :smile:

Ahh yes I never released haha.
Original post by C3nz13
OK thanks I'll check it

Hi @C3nz13

No problem, let me know if you have anymore questions.

Take care

Aimee- Student Ambassador (Coventry- Scarborough)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending