Jshek
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Can someone explain what second order of mechanism is Because it's not the same as order of reactions... Does the second order of mechanism mean there is 2 parts of a mechanism or 2 reactant shown in the rate equation that I posted a picture of
Jshek
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Name:  15894061915303550333924799650709.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  184.6 KB
Pigster
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Jshek)
Can someone explain what second order of mechanism is Because it's not the same as order of reactions... Does the second order of mechanism mean there is 2 parts of a mechanism or 2 reactant shown in the rate equation that I posted a picture of
"second order mechanism" merely means that the overall order is 2. In the example you quote, it is 1st order WRT C4H9Br and 1st order WRT OH-. Overall, 1+1=2 i.e. 2nd order overall. The slow step involves 1 particle of C4H9Br colliding with one particle of OH-.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (593)
34.1%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.4%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
19.95%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.54%

Watched Threads