Shineeeeee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
For example, if i get an offer from imperial to fet A*A*A*A for minium to get in, but if they say if i get A in EPQ I just need 2A* and 2A, but I get a B in EPQ and A*A*A*A in a level, do i still get into imperial? Is EPQ just like addtional thing that help us to get into university easily and if we dont get satisfying zcore, can we not use in application?

Also, does EPQ need good english level because im not that good
hayzc
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi! Normally the EPQ offer is an alternative offer. Therefore, you would only need to fulfil one of them to get into the university. To answer your question, you would still get into Imperial in that case.

It depends on who you talk to, but one of the benefits of the EPQ is definitely the ability to enter university more easily as it tends to lower the entry requirements by a grade (I was able to get admitted to the course I wanted to do as a result of my EPQ). However, the EPQ does bring other benefits, such as research skills, independence, time-management, and many more. The EPQ can also be mentioned in your personal statement to show your 'passion' for and dedication to the subject. I would highly recommend taking it (though there are of course circumstances that I would not recommend it).

A good English proficiency (level) does help in an EPQ, but the scores aren't really based on that. Instead, it's primarily based on the planning and research process rather than the product itself.
Shineeeeee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Thankyou so much
hayzc
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Shineeeeee)
Thankyou so much
No problem!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (91)
27.91%
No - I have already returned home (43)
13.19%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (62)
19.02%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (32)
9.82%
No - I live at home during term anyway (98)
30.06%

Watched Threads