emilyburnett
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi my name is Emily and I am currently getting a 3 in Chemistry when my predicted is an 8. I was wandering if anyone have any study tips or websites that can help me?
apolaroidofus
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
if you can get the textbooks (assuming you do Edexcel, I'm not sure abt resources for AQA - or the other boards for that matter) then they're super helpful! Always revise for tests, and I'm making flashcards for all the points on the student-friendly checklists given by Edexcel - if you do Edexcel these are a GODSEND https://revise4science.weebly.com/triple-edexcel.html
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by emilyburnett)
Hi my name is Emily and I am currently getting a 3 in Chemistry when my predicted is an 8. I was wandering if anyone have any study tips or websites that can help me?
Hey emilyburnett!

I really recommend watching freesciencelessons on youtube! I used these videos for my GCSEs and they were really great for gaining an understanding of the different topics!
I'd also recommend printing off the exam specification and using that as a tool for your revision, take each point and turn it into a flashcard putting all the information you need to know for that point in the specification onto the card.
You can then ask someone else to test you on the content, or rewrite it out without looking until you know it
Use your class notes or a revision guide to help you find the information that you need to know.

It's also a great idea to go through past papers and learn how to answer the questions/ what each type of question requires.
For example learn how many points you need to make for a 2 mark question, a 4 mark question and a 6 mark question!
Doing exam papers will also test your knowledge so you can identify what key areas you need to work on.

I did this for my GCSEs and got an A* in Chemistry.
I hope this helps!
Eloise - Official Student Rep
emilyburnett
Rep:
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)
Hey emilyburnett!

I really recommend watching freesciencelessons on youtube! I used these videos for my GCSEs and they were really great for gaining an understanding of the different topics!
I'd also recommend printing off the exam specification and using that as a tool for your revision, take each point and turn it into a flashcard putting all the information you need to know for that point in the specification onto the card.
You can then ask someone else to test you on the content, or rewrite it out without looking until you know it
Use your class notes or a revision guide to help you find the information that you need to know.

It's also a great idea to go through past papers and learn how to answer the questions/ what each type of question requires.
For example learn how many points you need to make for a 2 mark question, a 4 mark question and a 6 mark question!
Doing exam papers will also test your knowledge so you can identify what key areas you need to work on.

I did this for my GCSEs and got an A* in Chemistry.
I hope this helps!
Eloise - Official Student Rep
Thank you so much!!
emilyburnett
Rep:
(Original post by apolaroidofus)
if you can get the textbooks (assuming you do Edexcel, I'm not sure abt resources for AQA - or the other boards for that matter) then they're super helpful! Always revise for tests, and I'm making flashcards for all the points on the student-friendly checklists given by Edexcel - if you do Edexcel these are a GODSEND https://revise4science.weebly.com/triple-edexcel.html
Hi thank you for the advise, i probably should have said that i do AQA but I can get access to the textbooks online and they have really helped with Biology and Physics so might try to find the Chemistry one
imdadings
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hey,I sell over 300 past papers which are located in one folder. Chemistry, biology and Physics. These papers come with a mark scheme and you can get access to it with just on click. Selling for cheap message me!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (117)
34.11%
Yes - a trusted person (93)
27.11%
No (91)
26.53%
I'm not sure (42)
12.24%

Watched Threads