The Student Room Group

Books/articles/magazines/documentaries to watch for maths/further maths a level

what book/articles/magazines/documentaries/podcasts would you guys recommend I should read/watch/listen to so that I can reference them in my personal statements and my teachers can reference them in their subject references of me. I take maths, further maths, computer science and physics, so anything relating to those particular areas would be great :smile:

sorry for all the '/' lmaoo
Hey there! Am not planning on taking Maths/ Further Maths /Physics/CS A Level (clearly I use too many '/' too haha!) but as I've been looking for books to read around my future A Level subjects too, I have a general idea of what books you might want to look into. Whatever subjects you do, reading around the subjects means you can add more to your personal statement, so you can't really go wrong (especially with these subjects, as I'm assuming the average / clueless person like me! would wonder why maths is important in the real world etc. and you can distinguish yourself by reading into this).

I'm sorry I can't give you specific recommendations for books / podcasts / other resources given that I'm not doing the subjects (you'd probably have more luck with a Y13 doing their personal statements, or university goers ) but having a look on university recommended reading lists that list non fiction and even fiction books to read for your subjects could be a good idea. Many people recommend the Oxford Maths Reading List, but have a look for all your subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest