morganthom2002
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Do you think UCL will open up clearing this year because less international students may be able to attend due to the travel restrictions cuased by Coronavirus?
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by morganthom2002)
Do you think UCL will open up clearing this year because less international students may be able to attend due to the travel restrictions cuased by Coronavirus?
Nobody can really know as everything is so uncertain at present. They havent previously and my gut feeling is they wont this year. I suspect they are more likely to accept applicants with lower grades rather than going for clearing. Universities offer far more places than spaces as they know every year students dont meet their grades and choose to go elsewhere. All universities are going to be restricted to only increase their UK numbers by 5% so for a course with say 200 they can only take on 10 more UK students.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (50)
24.88%
Less motivated (151)
75.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed