The Student Room Group

Bristol - Veterinary Medicine 5 year degree.

Hello,
Could any tell me please how many reapplications attempts there are for this degree? I have been told people have applied two or three times but wanted to be certain.
Many thanks
The only thing I could find on Bristol's admissions statement that is relevant to this is that they will only accept a maximum of one resit per subject, but there's nothing about just reapplications. Although usually vet schools say you need to have improved your application since the last time you applied, but I can't see a limit of reapplications on Bristol's website anywhere. I've included the link to the most recent admissions statement below (hopefully TSR won't delete it) but your best bet for the most accurate response would be to just call the admissions team at Bristol. Any other sources are less likely to be accurate.

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/media/undergraduate/admissions-statements/2020/veterinary-science.pdf
Original post by vetstudent123
The only thing I could find on Bristol's admissions statement that is relevant to this is that they will only accept a maximum of one resit per subject, but there's nothing about just reapplications. Although usually vet schools say you need to have improved your application since the last time you applied, but I can't see a limit of reapplications on Bristol's website anywhere. I've included the link to the most recent admissions statement below (hopefully TSR won't delete it) but your best bet for the most accurate response would be to just call the admissions team at Bristol. Any other sources are less likely to be accurate.

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/media/undergraduate/admissions-statements/2020/veterinary-science.pdf

Thank you, appreciate it.
I have tried calling admissions although it says to email and not yet had a clear response. Seems they have taken away phone lines currently.
Original post by Chemlovexxx
Thank you, appreciate it.
I have tried calling admissions although it says to email and not yet had a clear response. Seems they have taken away phone lines currently.

I'll ask around tomorrow, see if some people I know can help. If someone else who knows hasn't answered on here by then, then I'll post what I find :smile:
I got through to Bristol admissions, she said there is no maximum number of times you can reapply if you have met the entry requirements. Their number seems to be working, the one I used was: +44 (0)117 394 1649

Hope this has helped :smile:
Reply 5
I got through to Bristol admissions, she said there is no maximum number of times you can reapply if you have met the entry requirements. Their number seems to be working, the one I used was: +44 (0)117 394 1649

Hello. I was wondering if someone could help. I am about to embark on a two year BTEC Animal Management course with a view to applying for a place at Bristol University, in order to study Gateway Veterinary Science in 2022.

I see from the entry requirements at Bristol, that Animal Management BTEC is a valid qualification for 2020 admissions. However, I note that for 2021 admissions the same BTEC is missing online from the entry requirements. I also noticed that Liverpool will no longer be accepting Animal Management from 2021. However London have not stated removing the subject.

I do so hope that this is a small oversight and that Bristol will accept students with the BTEC Animal management Extended Diploma which is equivalent to 3 A levels.

Ps- did BTEC change from 2016? I noticed there is Animal Management 2010 and 2016 and it seems to be the case that 2016 is not a valid qualification for Bristol? Have I got this all wrong and am I worrying over nothing?

Please help.

Thank you for your time.

James
Original post by MrJamesH
Hello. I was wondering if someone could help. I am about to embark on a two year BTEC Animal Management course with a view to applying for a place at Bristol University, in order to study Gateway Veterinary Science in 2022.

I see from the entry requirements at Bristol, that Animal Management BTEC is a valid qualification for 2020 admissions. However, I note that for 2021 admissions the same BTEC is missing online from the entry requirements. I also noticed that Liverpool will no longer be accepting Animal Management from 2021. However London have not stated removing the subject.

I do so hope that this is a small oversight and that Bristol will accept students with the BTEC Animal management Extended Diploma which is equivalent to 3 A levels.

Ps- did BTEC change from 2016? I noticed there is Animal Management 2010 and 2016 and it seems to be the case that 2016 is not a valid qualification for Bristol? Have I got this all wrong and am I worrying over nothing?

Please help.

Thank you for your time.

James

I'm not a Bristol student but I hope this helps!

From what I could see for 2021 entry, they won't accept the 2016 BTEC but may accept the 2010 BTEC as long as you complete some specific modules they ask for (I've linked it below). It depends where on the website you're looking, but they're unlikely to miss these things, however if you're just looking at an overview they won't write every little detail there so you will need to find a more in depth page about entry requirements.

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/entry-requirements-qualifications/uk-qualifications/#btec

You could try contacting the admissions department for a more detailed answer.
Reply 7
I'm not a Bristol student but I hope this helps!

From what I could see for 2021 entry, they won't accept the 2016 BTEC but may accept the 2010 BTEC as long as you complete some specific modules they ask for (I've linked it below). It depends where on the website you're looking, but they're unlikely to miss these things, however if you're just looking at an overview they won't write every little detail there so you will need to find a more in depth page about entry requirements.

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/entry-requirements-qualifications/uk-qualifications/#btec

You could try contacting the admissions department for a more detailed answer.

Thanks for your help. I have also contacted the university this week and waiting for a reply, but I thought I should try the student room too.

Thank you for your help.
Do you have any idea as to why these two Vet schools no longer require Animal Management 2016? Surely 2016 is more up to date then 2010?

Kind regards.
James
Original post by MrJamesH
Thanks for your help. I have also contacted the university this week and waiting for a reply, but I thought I should try the student room too.

Thank you for your help.
Do you have any idea as to why these two Vet schools no longer require Animal Management 2016? Surely 2016 is more up to date then 2010?

Kind regards.
James

No problem, I hope it's good news for you. Ultimately students will be able to share their experiences but no one will have knowledge as comprehensive as the admissions departments.

I don't know sorry, but I'm sure the universities have their reasons. It could be that the new courses no longer cover topics that the vet school wants or there could be a difference in standards? But that's all a guess.

Brilliant, thank you.
I must have rung the wrong number or went through to the wrong option only having a pre recorded message.
Appreciate you clarifying this for me!
Brilliant, thank you.
I must have rung the wrong number or went through to the wrong option only having a pre recorded message.
Appreciate you clarifying this for me!

You're welcome, glad I could help :smile:
I did think it wasn't working because it rang for ages but someone eventually picked up haha!
You're welcome, glad I could help :smile:
I did think it wasn't working because it rang for ages but someone eventually picked up haha!

Really appreciate that, so thank you for taking the time to ring them.
I was unfortunately unsuccessful with this years first time application so have been debating how to proceed with further application(s).
Really appreciate that, so thank you for taking the time to ring them.
I was unfortunately unsuccessful with this years first time application so have been debating how to proceed with further application(s).

Feel free to pm me if you want to chat about it :smile: I took the graduate route (biovet) in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending