The Student Room Group

You & your cooker

Is everyone's favorite hob the front right if you are right handed front left if you are the other way?

Scroll to see replies

No.
My favourite hob is the back left hob because it is the only one that is working safely at the moment.
Original post by NJA
Is everyone's favorite hob the front right if you are right handed front left if you are the other way?

Depends on the size of the pan, but yes - I do usually use that front-right one!
Reply 3
Original post by londonmyst
No.
My favourite hob is the back left hob because it is the only one that is working safely at the moment.

Yeah but if you had a cooker with for working hobs which would it be?
Reply 4
Front left, or back right. The other two I just never seem to use.
Reply 5
Not for me, for saucepans I like the back right, for frying pans I like the bottom left, for soups and sauces the bottom right is my hob of choice, honestly cannot think of a time I used the back left (I'm right handed writing wise but I'd say my left hand is my more dominant and use it more often for non writing tasks)

My favourite is back right though as I use a lot of saucepans :h:
(edited 3 years ago)
I like the front left or the back left.
I like the back right, i have a phobia of eating and cooking in front of people and the back right is the biggest one but also the furthest away from anyone walking in.
Left handed and front left but it's a super burner so it has a big area of flames.
I don't have a favourite. I use whatever one I need to for the size of the pan.
Reply 10
The one in the middle
Undoubtedly the back right, no contest.
The right.
Front Left and Back Right
I don’t endorse favouritism of hobs. 😳🥺
Reply 15
Original post by Lyndsey.95
The right.

so your cooker only has two hobs?
I find it so funny how we can have favourite... hobs...
But regardless, I'm left handed and my favourite is always the top right, but I'll use the front right if I must since it's the big one
Back right is usually the one I use most, I'm left handed though.
I use the front right one most.

The back left doesn't work, the back right smokes, the front left is really tiny so front right it is.
Back left, it is medium sized and I am paranoid after knocking pans off the hob. Strangely I am right handed.

Quick Reply

Latest