Why do words look shaky when I read

Watch
oo00_Sage_00oo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I'm a good reader for my age, and also pretty fast at it. Although I do read pretty well, whenever I read, every word around the one I'm reading just gets shakey for some reason. This weird shakiness makes me lose focus easier and also strains my eyes every once in a while. I'm pretty young (7th grade), so I would think that i don't need reading glasses. I still can see everything fine, and the shakiness doesn't really affect my reading ability. The only thing it does is give my eyes a weird feeling, make me lose focus, and give me occasional eye strain and minor headaches. Would this be a symptom of my ADHD, or would I really need glasses?

Edit: Grammar and Spelling
Last edited by oo00_Sage_00oo; 6 months ago
becausethenight
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I can’t really say, but it wouldn’t hurt to get checked out by an optometrist anyway just to be safe! (If you can in the current pandemic situation)
Kathy89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Visit an optometrist to get this checked.
Also there is a possibility it is Irlen's syndrom (google it).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (516)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.38%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.37%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.57%

Watched Threads