laurenh26
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I’ve booked my accommodation for uni and I’ll be sharing a kitchen with my flat mates. I was very hesitant to do this but it was the best option, I am a neat freak and like everything clean 🙄😩I was just wondering how like cupboard space works etc because I am honestly tempted to buy a storage box and keep my plates etc in there and place that in the cupboard, I just want to keep my stuff clean and to myself, don’t judge I’m just ocd about cleanliness x
username5271994
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by laurenh26)
I’ve booked my accommodation for uni and I’ll be sharing a kitchen with my flat mates. I was very hesitant to do this but it was the best option, I am a neat freak and like everything clean 🙄😩I was just wondering how like cupboard space works etc because I am honestly tempted to buy a storage box and keep my plates etc in there and place that in the cupboard, I just want to keep my stuff clean and to myself, don’t judge I’m just ocd about cleanliness x
Hey, I’m gonna do this too because I’m going to be living in halls with a shared kitchen. Honestly this coronavirus pandemic has just given me an excuse to go crazy with my ocd about cleanliness, everyone understands me now lol
laurenh26
Rep:
?
I’m glad I’m not the only one!! Even before this pandemic I was nervous but I just want to keep my stuff to myself like the thought of it scares me! I just want to keep my things out the way lol x
username5271994
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I’m glad I’m not the only one!! Even before this pandemic I was nervous but I just want to keep my stuff to myself like the thought of it scares me! I just want to keep my things out the way lol x
Me too haha, I even have a mini fridge for my room too😂. Which uni are you going to?
laurenh26
Rep:
?
I want to get one aswell!! Uni of Nottingham, what about you?
parmezanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
i think a lot of stuff by the end of the year goes missing / gets stolen / broken, so people keep things in their rooms (like excess cutlery etc)
laurenh26
Rep:
?
that was another option of mine,thankyou x
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hey laurenh26!

Most accommodation should be able to provide you with 1/2 cupboards each, depending on the number of people you're sharing the kitchen with!

I lost a lot of stuff in first year including 3 glasses and a bunch of cutlery!
So keeping it all together in a box is a great idea
And if it doesn't fit then you can always keep it in your room

Hope this helps!
Eloise - Official Student Rep
laurenh26
Rep:
?
That is most helpful thankyou so much!!! Definitely going to keep it in a box I think!!! X
username5271994
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I want to get one aswell!! Uni of Nottingham, what about you?
I go to LSE. I’ve heard that Nottingham is great for going out and stuff!
laurenh26
Rep:
?
I’m really looking forward to it!!
UniofReading
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi laurenh26

The cupboard space is shared between you and your flatmates. However, normally you do lose a lot of items especially if they're alone. I think keeping them in a storage box is a really great idea as people tend to be more hesitant to use it if it's in one. If you do find stuff does start vanishing I would definitely recommend keep it in your room! Hope that helps!

From,

Amina 2nd year Pharmacy Students
laurenh26
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Brilliant thankyou!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (67)
17.77%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (108)
28.65%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (142)
37.67%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
12.73%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (12)
3.18%

Watched Threads