coping with painful sex?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
It’s been a problem in my life for 7ish months, as well as painful urination. I’ve been to the GP several times, been referred twice and had a bunch of tests/scans. They can’t find a cause. I’ve been hoping whatever’s happening will go away on its own but it hasn’t. It really has changed my attitude towards sex, i used to love it and now i’m terrified of it. And i’m scared of disappointing my boyfriend, especially coming out of quarantine.
My GP is only arranging emergency appointments off-site, and i’d rather not see someone without their supervision.
Any tips to handle the pain/help it go away, or what it might be if you’ve experienced something similar?

To describe the pain it’s like a stabbing sensation deep in the pelvis during intercourse, which persists for a while afterwards. It’s also only on the left side? It also only burns the left side of my urethra area when i pee. External organs are fine.
Anonymous #2
Report 5 months ago
not much of an expert but i deal with something similar. i know that painful sex can often be one of the side effects of endometriosis (which i think may be my case as i suffer from agonising period pain and random hits) you could maybe look into that further !
Anonymous #3
Report 5 months ago
I have something similar (deep pain in the same place during sex/when using tampons) and I've always assumed it was due to endometriosis. I have never had pain-free sex but some positions are better than others - I would suggest trying to look for positions that are more comfortable for you.
JaseyB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
It sounds like an infection ( possibly an UTI).
username5027880
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I concur, sounds like an infection, seek medical advice as and when you can.
Anonymous #3
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by JaseyB)
(Original post by Karisa96)
I concur, sounds like an infection, seek medical advice as and when you can.
I'm sure her GP has checked for an infection if she has been going back and forward for 7 months...
JaseyB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm sure her GP has checked for an infection if she has been going back and forward for 7 months...
If that's the case in that time the GP should have referred the OP to a urologist.
Anonymous #3
Report 5 months ago
If that's the case in that time the GP should have referred the OP to a urologist.
she said she has been referred twice...
Anonymous #1
it’s not a uti
all my dipstick tests and cultures were fine, and took 3 rounds of antibiotics that gave me yeast infections rather than relief
Anonymous #1
thank you all for your responses
lauriemegan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I had that sensation, and the same experience of having tests returned with nothing untoward. It took being referred to a gynae to identify it was a problem with my uterus. Whilst my problem was quite severe, I'm 24 so it's been going on a while. Fingers crossed it isn't that obviously for yourself, but it's a potential issue that can usually be relatively easy to address, so might be worth speaking to your doctor about a gynae referral?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (145)
14.4%
I'm not sure (42)
4.17%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (302)
29.99%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.58%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.86%

Watched Threads