Help a fellow year 10!

Watch
username5283068
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I am taking GCSE design and technology and I am taking a level 2 RSL music qualification. Both of which we are supposed to receive our briefs for on the 6th of June. That means I will get my brief for my NEA coursework for textiles and my performance brief for my unit 2 of my music qualification. How is that all going to work if I can’t be in school to work on them? I can’t perform with people at home as a group? And I sure as hell cant make a dress at home... help me.
username4247768
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
can you start planning or compposing them from home?
I'm sure your school will give you some advice
username5283068
Rep:
(Original post by Amelia 123)
can you start planning or compposing them from home?
I'm sure your school will give you some advice
I suppose I could start my coursework for my NEA- but we have all of our work so far saved on the hard drive at school. And I can’t do any of the music at home as we have to plan, rehearse and perform as groups in from of our teacher.
musicalrose
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
For music you can download musescore on your computer at home and compose like that If you want any help that your teachers aren't giving I'll be happy to check it over for you- I'm in year 11 and about to do music a level and I think I almost got/ got full marks in both my compositions- also what are you doing your first composition on?
username5283068
Rep:
(Original post by musicalrose)
For music you can download musescore on your computer at home and compose like that If you want any help that your teachers aren't giving I'll be happy to check it over for you- I'm in year 11 and about to do music a level and I think I almost got/ got full marks in both my compositions- also what are you doing your first composition on?
We aren’t doing compositions. Did you take the GCSE?
musicalrose
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Adawn21)
We aren’t doing compositions. Did you take the GCSE?
ah sorry misread the message- yeah i did. What do you have to do for your qualification?
username5283068
Rep:
Unit one- to write about about two contrasting music genres and write about one song f one of those genres

Unit two- instrumental studies documenting how you work towards three goals

Unit three- performance skills as a group based on a brief.

I’m worried about unit 3
musicalrose
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Oh yeah that makes sense to be worried considering you can't perform as a group, but everyone is in the same boat with this so I wouldn't stress it. Try to focus on the first 2 units as no one else at the moment will be able to do unit 3. Same with the textiles- it's not just you that won't be able to do it and you still have next year I guess? I really wouldn't stress
username5283068
Rep:
(Original post by musicalrose)
Oh yeah that makes sense to be worried considering you can't perform as a group, but everyone is in the same boat with this so I wouldn't stress it. Try to focus on the first 2 units as no one else at the moment will be able to do unit 3. Same with the textiles- it's not just you that won't be able to do it and you still have next year I guess? I really wouldn't stress
Thanks- also I love your username :heart:
musicalrose
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Adawn21)
Thanks- also I love your username :heart:
aw ty :heart: also as i said hit me up with any music work if you want- it's not as if as a current year 11 i have much to do atm
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
You do research for your NEA (DT first) so you'll be able to do so as you do the product manufacturing later on the year and in yr 11
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (43)
24.29%
Note taking apps (5)
2.82%
Flashcards (31)
17.51%
Revision guides (5)
2.82%
Past papers (87)
49.15%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (6)
3.39%

Watched Threads