When I come up with original songs and people said they heard of it before

Watch
GeolPhysics
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I get really annoyed when I come up with an original song and my sister or friend tell me they've heard of it before. Obviously it's an original because I wrote it but they still think it's a cover of someone else's song. The lyrics and melody is all mine and if I put it up on iTunes one day, I'll be the original artist. Why do people do that? You put a lot of work into writing your own songs and are brave enough to show them it then you get told that it's not yours. I don't think my music sounds like I copied from someone else. I tell them to name the other artist then if you've heard of it before and they can't name it. Ha! I feel like it's just saying my work is not mine and I feel like they're putting me down that way. I wish they would just say they don't like it instead of saying it belongs to someone else. I've written 180 songs so far and will keep going.
Last edited by GeolPhysics; 1 year ago
pinesandapples2001
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Nothing is actually original lol, every original idea is inspired by things that already exist. So maybe your music sounds familiar to what you're inspired by
tae155
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Maybe they just get reminded of another song. But dont let anyone affect you and continue working hard on your music
sullivan4927
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Maybe the tune of the song is very similar to what they've heard before.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
14.48%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.52%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
4.83%
I need help with my personal statement (60)
41.38%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (36)
24.83%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.07%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
6.9%

Watched Threads