The Student Room Group

Dissertation referencing error

I'm in my final year at the University of Leeds and I just remembered that I forgot to cite 2 things that I paraphrased. The amount totals just over a paragraph. I'm so angry at myself as I didn't intend to plagiarise. My scribbr similarity score was 6% also. I'm just really worried that I've come so far and this silly mistake could cost me everything. Is there anyone else who has been in a similar situation?
Reply 1
hi, I think that most unis (at least mine) have a threshold on the percentage allowed but it might not raise a lot of concerns as at least it wasn't verbatim. It might cost you some points but I don't think it will be a significant difference to be honest, specially if is so low. Best of Luck, at least you are done! I haven't finished mine yet, don't stress too much :smile:
You might lose a few marks but i doubt it will "cost you everything". People make mistakes, and you haven't copied word for word so it shouldn't be a massive issue.
Also 6% seems relatively low so I wouldn't be concerned about that, some things can only be said a certain number of ways so there will be some overlap with others.
How reliable is Scribbr in comparison to Turnitin, in a similar position also?
Original post by Libra77
I'm in my final year at the University of Leeds and I just remembered that I forgot to cite 2 things that I paraphrased. The amount totals just over a paragraph. I'm so angry at myself as I didn't intend to plagiarise. My scribbr similarity score was 6% also. I'm just really worried that I've come so far and this silly mistake could cost me everything. Is there anyone else who has been in a similar situation?

How accurate is Scribbr mate, in comparison to Turnitin (got a 13% on Scribber when i excluded my bibliography, 33% with the bibliography), slightly in the same position?
Original post by blueboy1134
How accurate is Scribbr mate, in comparison to Turnitin (got a 13% on Scribber when i excluded my bibliography, 33% with the bibliography), slightly in the same position?

Hi, I was wondering whether you know how reliable scribbr is?

Quick Reply

Latest