The Student Room Group

Am I being ridiculous?

OK so, I have recently started watching this TV show on Netflix, it's about LGBT community and I enjoyed the first season. However, on the second season the writers had to include a straight couple. I was put off by a woman kissing a man. Initially I tried to dismiss it, and enjoy the show anyway. But more kisses and love scenes kept coming and I just refused to watch it. I have left several complaints on YouTube about it and everyone seems to support my reactions, but am I being ridiculous or over thinking this?
Yes.
You are over thinking.
Just switch to watching another show if you are fed up with the storylines, characters or acting.
I assume this is a joke
Reply 3
Original post by londonmyst
Yes.
You are over thinking.
Just switch to watching another show if you are fed up with the storylines, characters or acting.

You are allowed to dislike elements of something and complain. If you love something you want it to be good or get better.

Take GoT, series 7 and 8 invoke betrayal and anger because something great became absolute, utter sh*t with nothing making a gram of sense.
Reply 4
Original post by Theloniouss
I assume this is a joke

I'm deadly serious!
Original post by Anonymous
I'm deadly serious!

What's the show called?
Reply 6
Original post by Theloniouss
What's the show called?

Queer Eye!
Original post by Bio 7
You are allowed to dislike elements of something and complain. If you love something you want it to be good or get better.

Take GoT, series 7 and 8 invoke betrayal and anger because something great became absolute, utter sh*t with nothing making a gram of sense.

I'm no fan of half of reality tv nor the soaps on BBC1/ITV/Channels 4 & 5.
I also miss the Jeremy Kyle show.
If I had the time to waste imagine all the complaints I'd be making about Love Island, Eastenders and cancelling JK.
More complaints than Mary Whitehouse and mumsnet combined. :eek:
OK so, I have recently started watching this TV show on Netflix, it's about LGBT community and I enjoyed the first season. However, on the second season the writers had to include a straight couple. I was put off by a woman kissing a man. Initially I tried to dismiss it, and enjoy the show anyway. But more kisses and love scenes kept coming and I just refused to watch it. I have left several complaints on YouTube about it and everyone seems to support my reactions, but am I being ridiculous or over thinking this?

You're uncomfortable with heterosexual interactions? I argue that that in itself is prejudiced. If someone complained repeatedly about it being wrong to put homosexual relations in a programme there would be uproar, maybe learn to accept that straight people exist too
whether or not this is a joke, no you're not overreacting, thats valid and frankly i agree
whether or not this is a joke, no you're not overreacting, thats valid and frankly i agree

At last, someone agrees with me. But your English is terrible, maybe get some writing lessons and come back to this when you've learnt grammar.
So you too think straight people are obscene?
Now, you're agreeing with straight people, we can't be friends. Your opinions make you homophobic and I bid you a good day, Sir!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending