elenneli
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi - and sorry for another question regarding MSc Psychology! I'm considering an online BPS accredited course. I have a master in a different area (not in UK), so I am a little worried about how truly difficult this can be for me, English not being my first language and lacking any scientific background. I'm also worried about the workload. Has anyone done the conversion while working? And can anyone share their experience, especially regarding assessments and group-works? I'm talking with a few different universities but they all seem vague regarding this aspect. I would like to know how much collaborative and practical assignments there are. Any insight? TIA
elenneli
Rep:
?
Thank you for the reassurance. I'm actually thinking that I'd probably need more hours than those indicated, because I feel quite slow, especially in writing. Do you have any idea of how many group works and peer-interactions there are in an online course? I can't find any information and the admission teams were extremely vague.
Thank you again for taking the time to write, have a lovely evening
elenneli
Rep:
?
I have applied to Derby, Northumbria, Brunel and Manchester Met.
So far I received one offer and waiting for the other ones to make my decision, but they all seem quite similar to me to be honest (modules, structure and cost wise)
EllenJ27
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi ☺️ I’m applying to Manchester Met tomorrow - finishing my application then. Just wondering was your reply from them? Bit worried I’ve left it too late! Has anyone ever heard of doing an online HDip in psychology and working full time in the field?
elenneli
Rep:
?
(Original post by EllenJ27)
Hi ☺️ I’m applying to Manchester Met tomorrow - finishing my application then. Just wondering was your reply from them? Bit worried I’ve left it too late! Has anyone ever heard of doing an online HDip in psychology and working full time in the field?
Hi, I haven't received any reply from them yet. I think in my case it takes time for the admission team to check my qualifications as I did all my previous studies abroad. Fingers crossed for both of us!
Manchester Metropolitan University
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by elenneli)
Hi, I haven't received any reply from them yet. I think in my case it takes time for the admission team to check my qualifications as I did all my previous studies abroad. Fingers crossed for both of us!
Hi elenneli :hello:

We're sorry that you've not received a reply from us yet. Due to the current COVID-19 outbreak, we're working through a backlog of enquiries and applications. You can contact our Admissions Team for an update on your application at: [email protected].

Please be aware that there may be a delay in Admissions getting back to you, but they are doing everything they can to respond to applicants as quickly as possible.

Hope this helps

Sophie
elenneli
Rep:
?
(Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University)
Hi elenneli :hello:

We're sorry that you've not received a reply from us yet. Due to the current COVID-19 outbreak, we're working through a backlog of enquiries and applications. You can contact our Admissions Team for an update on your application at: [email protected].

Please be aware that there may be a delay in Admissions getting back to you, but they are doing everything they can to respond to applicants as quickly as possible.

Hope this helps

Sophie
Hi Sophie,
Thank you for your message I am not in any rush and I totally understand everything is a little more complicated these days. I'm waiting patiently, no worries.
Many thanks and best wishes!
aliceD4
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by elenneli)
Hi - and sorry for another question regarding MSc Psychology! I'm considering an online BPS accredited course. I have a master in a different area (not in UK), so I am a little worried about how truly difficult this can be for me, English not being my first language and lacking any scientific background. I'm also worried about the workload. Has anyone done the conversion while working? And can anyone share their experience, especially regarding assessments and group-works? I'm talking with a few different universities but they all seem vague regarding this aspect. I would like to know how much collaborative and practical assignments there are. Any insight? TIA
Hi elenneli

I am in the exact same situation as you! I am looking to do a conversion MSc in Psychology online and part-time, and my background is also from outside the UK and in a different discipline. English is also my second language.

I haven't applied to any course yet (really should start) as I am really not sure how to choose the right university. It is hard to get a clear understanding of the way the modules are delivered as you said, especially via distance learning, and I don't know enough about the different universities reputations either.

What would you like to do after this course? I don't know myself yet, so I'd like to be sure I am getting the right "foundational" education in case I want to try get a doctorate later..

The courses I am considering applying to are: Manchester Met, Uni of Glasgow, Uni of Leceister, Uni of Derby, Robert Gordon.

Any insights from anyone?
Anisablue
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi all

I applied at mmu for the Msc in psychology it took about 3 weeks for response, however I have chosen to study at university of Huddersfield in the Mac investigative psychology which I am more interested in
Northumbria University PG Rep
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi all,

We offer a Psychology MSc conversion course at Northumbria University on a Full-Time, Part-Time and also Distance Learning basis.

There are resources on the website regarding the conversion courses such as this video of a Student who studied the Psychology MSc conversion programme.

We also have a Virtual Open Day scheduled for 30th June 2020 if you have any questions about the programme or conversion programmes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.64%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (68)
28.81%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (88)
37.29%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.71%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (6)
2.54%

Watched Threads