The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Kingston Uni Aparto Arbury Court

Hello

Im going to be starting at Kingston in September 2020. In a rush to secure accommodation I booked a gold en suite room at aparto arbury court. Im starting to regret my decision as I didnt do much research into halls etc. My main concerns are that I’m going to end up in a flat without many first years or people my age which friends at uni have told me is quite important... To be honest I’m quite clueless.

Anyone know what the vibe is at aparto and if and how it is possible to cancel accommodation ? I’ve paid the deposit.

Thank you
Original post by Anonymous
Hello

Im going to be starting at Kingston in September 2020. In a rush to secure accommodation I booked a gold en suite room at aparto arbury court. Im starting to regret my decision as I didnt do much research into halls etc. My main concerns are that I’m going to end up in a flat without many first years or people my age which friends at uni have told me is quite important... To be honest I’m quite clueless.

Anyone know what the vibe is at aparto and if and how it is possible to cancel accommodation ? I’ve paid the deposit.

Thank you

Hi i'm in the same position as you and i was also clueless. I know it is a contract but with students, they should definitely be more flexible. University is a learning process and this includes learning about housing agreements. Have you made contact with Aparto at all?
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Are you guys saying first years don’t choose Arbury Court?
Original post by SweetCheeks18
Are you guys saying first years don’t choose Arbury Court?

Hi, no not at all, I am in the position of going into second year and simply chose too quickly as i found my friends much later on and subsequently found a house to share in second year - hence i am trying to find a replacement tenant. My issue with my situation is that i am liable for the rent if i don't find a replacement. I was in halls in first year and wish i had facilities such as the gym and laundry all included as it was certainly a faff x
Original post by lilharriet72
Hi, no not at all, I am in the position of going into second year and simply chose too quickly as i found my friends much later on and subsequently found a house to share in second year - hence i am trying to find a replacement tenant. My issue with my situation is that i am liable for the rent if i don't find a replacement. I was in halls in first year and wish i had facilities such as the gym and laundry all included as it was certainly a faff x

Ah okay, I’m really hoping there are some first years there. I understand that non uni accom are usually more chosen by international and mature students (who I have no problem with), its just I need some people to relate with! If anyone knows what the vibe and population of people at Arbury Court are like please let me know

This obviously won’t put me off living there entirely but it would be nice to know I might have someone to talk to :colondollar:
Ah okay, I’m really hoping there are some first years there. I understand that non uni accom are usually more chosen by international and mature students (who I have no problem with), its just I need some people to relate with! If anyone knows what the vibe and population of people at Arbury Court are like please let me know

This obviously won’t put me off living there entirely but it would be nice to know I might have someone to talk to :colondollar:

I understand your concern however what I can tell you is that i know a few of the people that will be living in your flat! I was close friends with one person (and still am!) and I can assure you they are a really lovely bunch (Obviously i don't know all of them!) which i'm sure you will really enjoy living with! They are on a variety of different courses and ages (The friend i was talking about is 18 if you were interested)! :smile: There will for sure be some first years. One of the best things about uni which i'm sure you're aware of is being able to mix with people that you wouldn't necessarily mix with but end up having a really great diverse experience. Theres plenty of people on your course that will be the same age as you and similarly like me, made friends with someone who is 34 and has two children! It all makes for an inclusive open minded experience. It's just about your personal preferences. For example some people love a really sociable time in halls, others like a mix! Others would place importance on the standard of their living (which Aparto is great for (gym, en-suite, paid for laundry facilities included with the rent etc) One thing for sure is that some of my friends (whom have left uni now said) when you leave uni, you will regret not leaving your comfort zone because there are some really valuable experiences. You will definitely have someone to talk to! and i'm sure will enjoy living there. I had a friend who was in third year in my halls who lived in vibe (a similar student accommodation) and she loved it but wanted to be closer to the uni for her 3rd year where she didn't go out as much and was closer to tutors etc :smile: (which is St Marys :smile:) Really hope this helps inform your decision x
Original post by lilharriet72
I understand your concern however what I can tell you is that i know a few of the people that will be living in your flat! I was close friends with one person (and still am!) and I can assure you they are a really lovely bunch (Obviously i don't know all of them!) which i'm sure you will really enjoy living with! They are on a variety of different courses and ages (The friend i was talking about is 18 if you were interested)! :smile: There will for sure be some first years. One of the best things about uni which i'm sure you're aware of is being able to mix with people that you wouldn't necessarily mix with but end up having a really great diverse experience. Theres plenty of people on your course that will be the same age as you and similarly like me, made friends with someone who is 34 and has two children! It all makes for an inclusive open minded experience. It's just about your personal preferences. For example some people love a really sociable time in halls, others like a mix! Others would place importance on the standard of their living (which Aparto is great for (gym, en-suite, paid for laundry facilities included with the rent etc) One thing for sure is that some of my friends (whom have left uni now said) when you leave uni, you will regret not leaving your comfort zone because there are some really valuable experiences. You will definitely have someone to talk to! and i'm sure will enjoy living there. I had a friend who was in third year in my halls who lived in vibe (a similar student accommodation) and she loved it but wanted to be closer to the uni for her 3rd year where she didn't go out as much and was closer to tutors etc :smile: (which is St Marys :smile:) Really hope this helps inform your decision x

A lot of what you said is so true, I really just have to stay as open minded as possible. When you say paid for laundry, do you mean you don’t have to pay for every wash?!
A lot of what you said is so true, I really just have to stay as open minded as possible. When you say paid for laundry, do you mean you don’t have to pay for every wash?!

yes, its all included :smile: If you give me your details on private message i can pass them on to Arbury or you can send them directly if it feels more appropriate for you and they can sort the rest! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending