Cancelling unconditional offer to go through clearing

Watch
Ramin Zia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi,
I originally applied for midwifery and I currently have 3 rejections, 1 conditional offer for Midwifery and 1 unconditional alternate offer for Public Health. I want to put Midwifery as my firm choice however, I am not sure about studying Public Health as it's not a subject that I am interested in. I was wondering if I put Public Health as my insurance choice and if I am still able to go through clearing and if I am able to cancel the offer for unconditional offer for Public Health. Please let me know if I am able to cancel my unconditional offer to go through clearing.
indybrookes
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
To go to clearing you have to decline/withdraw all of your offers conditional and unconditional. If you do it now you won’t have to wait for clearing. You can apply to the uni of your choice through UCAS EXTRA if they are still taking applications.
Ramin Zia
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
s

(Original post by indybrookes)
To go to clearing you have to decline/withdraw all of your offers conditional and unconditional. If you do it now you won’t have to wait for clearing. You can apply to the uni of your choice through UCAS EXTRA if they are still taking applic
sorry can you please explain me what is UCAS Extra
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
If you dont want to take Public Health dont insure it. You dont have to have an insurance and if you miss your firm and they reject you then you will automatically take place you in clearing. Midwifery is a very competitive course as you have already seen and I wonder how likely it is to get in through clearing if you miss your grades.
Ramin Zia
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I dont want the opportunity if going to university, also I cant go live away to far university and im not sure if any better courses will be available for me in clearing or not.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
You have an offer for Midwifery and to enter extra or clearing you would have to give this up as well as public health. Is that your wish as you have already had 3 rejections for Midwifery and you may not get another offer. Due to this my advice is to go with just a firm and no insurance unless you have decided the university offering you midwifery is too far away. By not insuring Public Health it means if you dont get the grades for your midwifery university you will go straight to clearing on results.

As for better offers in clearing what subjects are you looking at taking. If you are talking about the medical field it is quite difficult to get in anywhere let alone locally. If you were happy to take other subjects then they will be available through clearing but how successful you will be in clearing depends on how many universities are local and how competitive they are.
jadefn
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Ramin Zia)
s

sorry can you please explain me what is UCAS Extra
You can find an explanation on UCAS extra on this website which is quite handy http://www.applytouni.com/clearing/u...ss/ucas-extra/ I found this article quite useful to explain clearing - https://www.whatuni.com/advice/ultim...e-guide/41459/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (48)
32%
No - I have already returned home (19)
12.67%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (31)
20.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
9.33%
No - I live at home during term anyway (38)
25.33%

Watched Threads