Have sex with boyfriend or maintain relationship with mum?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm 17 and want to have sex with my boyfriend (he's also 17), but my mum has told me not to, and wait until uni or marriage. She's really quite a conservative person (she's only had sex with dad and no one else - or so she says). She's the type of mum to look down on me wearing revealing clothes and I'm not even allowed to go round his house yet! It's been 6 months!

I want to buy contraception when lockdown is over, but I know my mum is bound to find out - she's very sharp and can tell when I'm hiding something! If she finds out I've had sex when she's told me not to, I'm worried she's going to react really badly...it makes me think either she's made a mistake she doesn't want me to repeat or she fears that I'm going to do something I'll really regret in the future...what do I do? And what should I tell my boyfriend?
JaseyB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have you discussed the use of contraception with your mother ? Does your mother approve of your boyfriend in general ?
I would think or hope that your mother sees a potentially good future for you ahead ( if you are planning on going to university) and probably doesn't want to see you have to put those plans on hold or worse to have to ditch them if you become pregnant. Without really knowing your mother I am assuming and really clutching at straws here.
Samca11
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don't get knocked up
trapking
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm 17 and want to have sex with my boyfriend (he's also 17), but my mum has told me not to, and wait until uni or marriage. She's really quite a conservative person (she's only had sex with dad and no one else - or so she says). She's the type of mum to look down on me wearing revealing clothes and I'm not even allowed to go round his house yet! It's been 6 months!
Your mother is teaching you the right thing. Don't do it.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by JaseyB)
Have you discussed the use of contraception with your mother ? Does your mother approve of your boyfriend in general ?
I would think or hope that your mother sees a potentially good future for you ahead ( if you are planning on going to university) and probably doesn't want to see you have to put those plans on hold or worse to have to ditch them if you become pregnant. Without really knowing your mother I am assuming and really clutching at straws here.
I haven't discussed contraception specifically, but we've vaguely discussed the consequences of unprotected sex. Yeah, she likes my boyfriend quite a lot, and says that he's a decent lad. Also says that he's always welcome round our house
Anonymous #1
(Original post by trapking)
Your mother is teaching you the right thing. Don't do it.
Do you think that 17 is too early of an age to have sex?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
why dont u just wait until uni tho like if u have sex and ur mum finds out then shes prob gonna kick u out the house ygm😂
trapking
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do you think that 17 is too early of an age to have sex?
wait until you're married.

It will only bring problems if you don't.
Tizzytizzie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wait until university damn... you’re 17.

In a few months/ a year, you can apply or start your university experience and then you’re free to explore however you choose 🤷*♀️

Why ruin a relationship with your mum for something you can do in a few months/ a years time and STILL have a relationship with your mum?

Why jeopardise that?

You’re either really horny (Heightened by being in doors due to Covid) OR your boyfriend is pressuring/pushing you into sex...

Is it the second?
Blueclueless
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

I want to buy contraception when lockdown is over, but I know my mum is bound to find out - she's very sharp and can tell when I'm hiding something! If she finds out I've had sex when she's told me not to, I'm worried she's going to react really badly...it makes me think either she's made a mistake she doesn't want me to repeat or she fears that I'm going to do something I'll really regret in the future...what do I do? And what should I tell my boyfriend?
As painful as it is you have to do what you want. Do you really want to look back at your life and think about all the control your mum had over you? Your mums morals are her morals only not yours
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Tizzytizzie)
Wait until university damn... you’re 17.

In a few months/ a year, you can apply or start your university experience and then you’re free to explore however you choose 🤷*♀️

Why ruin a relationship with your mum for something you can do in a few months/ a years time and STILL have a relationship with your mum?

Why jeopardise that?

You’re either really horny (Heightened by being in doors due to Covid) OR your boyfriend is pressuring/pushing you into sex...

Is it the second?
I'm probably quite horny due to lockdown, as I can't have any physical contact with him obviously...I'm partly curious as to what sex feels like and I think I'll enjoy it. If I ask him to stop talking about sex, he'll stop talking about it though! But he has expressed a lot of enthusiasm towards having sex...I don't think he's deliberately pressuring me, but he does make a lot of amusing sexual references which i too find funny...
Samca11
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just have sex, enjoy yourself, keep your respect. Live a little
TheCoolBro
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Listen to your mum! Sex isn't worth the guilt you'll feel for betraying your mum like that.
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

she's not "bound to find out". just ask your boyfriend to buy condoms?
SMEGGGY
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Tell him to buy the johnnies
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Your sex life is your choice.
You have the freedom to decide when you feel ready for sexual activity and who with.

It sounds like your mother does not want you to have sex while you share her accommodation or at all until you are married.
My mother and maternal grandmother both support sexual abstinence until marriage for religious reasons, I don't.
Whatever you decide, remember that no artificial contraception is ever guaranteed to be 100% effective and free of side effects.
Choosing to have consensual sex as a teenager is fine but there will always be an element of risk in life.
Good luck!
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
To be honest, I’d say if you’ve been with your boyfriend for a long time and you are convinced he’s the right person for you, go ahead and do it if you want but if you’ve been with him for a short amount of time, or youre doubting wether the relationship will work, I’d recommend you don’t do it as you’ll end up regretting it if you and him don’t work out. That’s my personal opinion.

Im not here to tell you what to do. Do whatever you think is right for you.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 year ago
Your body is your own and you’ll know when you’re ready to be intimate.
Fermion.
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

How is she going to find out you’ve ****ed your boyfriend? Just don’t tell her.
karl pilkington
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What a controlling freak
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (82)
26.62%
England (104)
33.77%
Belgium (26)
8.44%
Germany (37)
12.01%
Spain (5)
1.62%