The Student Room Group

do you have to fund yourself for post grad courses?

im asking because I really want to do post grad course after my under grad but im worried ill have to fund myself because if I do then I most likely wont do it because myself and my family are quite poor and wont be able to afford that
Original post by Anonymous
im asking because I really want to do post grad course after my under grad but im worried ill have to fund myself because if I do then I most likely wont do it because myself and my family are quite poor and wont be able to afford that

For most post graduate courses, you will be expected to fund yourself but there may be sponsorships or bursaries to help. You can get financial help depending on what post graduate course you are looking to do.
Student finance provides masters loans of £11,222 to full time postgrads whose courses starts after 1 August 2020.
The amount you’ll get is not based on your income or your parent's earnings.
The masters loan is paid directly to you in three installments for you to use as a contribute towards your living costs and course fees. https://www.gov.uk/masters-loan/what-youll-get

The masters loan is only provided for your first postgrad,
I funded my other postgrads through: part time earnings, savings, credit and employer sponsorship.
Some of my friends received corporate sponsorship, bursaries or scholarships that covered total tuition fees plus provided limited financial assistance towards living costs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending