Essay structure HELPPPP

Watch this thread
username5271994
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
What is the most effective way to structure a 'critical comparison' of two different approaches to climate change? I was thinking about doing five paragraphs: the intro, one paragraph on the advantages of the first approach, the second paragraph on the disadvantages of the first approach, then repeat this again for the second approach. Then do a conclusion linking them both together. What do you think?
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Kavala)
What is the most effective way to structure a 'critical comparison' of two different approaches to climate change? I was thinking about doing five paragraphs: the intro, one paragraph on the advantages of the first approach, the second paragraph on the disadvantages of the first approach, then repeat this again for the second approach. Then do a conclusion linking them both together. What do you think?
What do you mean by approaches, and what level of work is this?
username5271994
Rep:
(Original post by 04MR17)
What do you mean by approaches, and what level of work is this?
Hi, this is at undergrad level. The essay is about critically comparing two different approaches of tackling climate change
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Kavala)
Hi, this is at undergrad level. The essay is about critically comparing two different approaches of tackling climate change
Within English Literature?

At Undergraduate level, I'd say a critical comparison would be best done by examining a common or differential element in both approaches for each chapter. Break down what's involved in the approaches to tackling climate change: does one of them do more for animals than others? Is one faster than another. Each of these simple comparisons could easily be the point that your paragraph launches off. Your conclusion can then make a judgement about which of the approaches overall might be best.

Does that make sense?
username5271994
Rep:
(Original post by 04MR17)
Within English Literature?

At Undergraduate level, I'd say a critical comparison would be best done by examining a common or differential element in both approaches for each chapter. Break down what's involved in the approaches to tackling climate change: does one of them do more for animals than others? Is one faster than another. Each of these simple comparisons could easily be the point that your paragraph launches off. Your conclusion can then make a judgement about which of the approaches overall might be best.

Does that make sense?
Oh no sorry I think that was the default forum and I forgot to change it. It's for environmental development haha, but thanks, that still helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (24)
26.37%
As I expected (28)
30.77%
Harder (33)
36.26%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
6.59%

Watched Threads