The Student Room Group

Don’t like this

It’s just my mum shouting across the house when my dinner or lunch is ready or if she needs me, it happens everyday without fail a number of times, it’s just gets on my and it really gets under my skin. It’s just the way she shouts my name as well because its just in an loud aggressive manner and she does it really loud. I told her just to phone me and she says she is not doing that but I just can’t stand it. I just hate being shouted across the house at but the worse thing is when I am literally just entering the kitchen but she’s still shouting me to my bedroom and that really pisses me off so sometimes I just go back upstairs. It’s bad for the neighbours because I’m pretty sure they can hear the shouting through the wall. I know it might happen in other houses but I really don’t like it and I find it really annoying. I don’t even want to have her food anyway but she doesn’t let me cook myself or anything because I thought I’ll start cooking myself to stop the shouting but my mum stops me so I have no choice but to eat her food and get shouted at across the house. I sometimes like to cry out of frustration when she shouts me because I can’t stand it, I just can’t.

Scroll to see replies

my mum has a doorbell in the kitchen and the receiver in my brothers room
Reply 2
Original post by holly6901
my mum has a doorbell in the kitchen and the receiver in my brothers room

I don’t know why we can’t do something like that because this is just sound abuse. How would you feel in my situation?
its not nice but I wouldn't call it abuse
Original post by Anonymous
It’s just my mum shouting across the house when my dinner or lunch is ready or if she needs me, it happens everyday without fail a number of times, it’s just gets on my and it really gets under my skin. It’s just the way she shouts my name as well because its just in an loud aggressive manner and she does it really loud. I told her just to phone me and she says she is not doing that but I just can’t stand it. I just hate being shouted across the house at but the worse thing is when I am literally just entering the kitchen but she’s still shouting me to my bedroom and that really pisses me off so sometimes I just go back upstairs. It’s bad for the neighbours because I’m pretty sure they can hear the shouting through the wall. I know it might happen in other houses but I really don’t like it and I find it really annoying. I don’t even want to have her food anyway but she doesn’t let me cook myself or anything because I thought I’ll start cooking myself to stop the shouting but my mum stops me so I have no choice but to eat her food and get shouted at across the house. I sometimes like to cry out of frustration when she shouts me because I can’t stand it, I just can’t.

Have you always found it annoying? You might just be getting irritated because of lockdown
Reply 5
its not nice but I wouldn't call it abuse

It can disturb the neighbours though because the walls aren’t sound proof so the neighbours can hear it and if it’s upsetting me it can be abuse.

If it is a set time you have dinner/lunch, just be in the kitchen/dining room at that time. It means your mother doesn't have to shout so loud to get you to come to the dinner table.
It can disturb the neighbours though because the walls aren’t sound proof so the neighbours can hear it and if it’s upsetting me it can be abuse.

maybe ring a hotline if its really upsetting you
Reply 8

Original post by Serenity-M
Have you always found it annoying? You might just be getting irritated because of lockdown

I have always found it annoying but I’m starting to get even more annoyed by it to the point I can’t stand it and it frustrates me. It maybe due to lockdown because I would have to cope with it less if it wasn’t lockdown since I’d be at college for lunch but everyday before lockdown I had it every dinner time
Reply 9
Is she not someone who can be reasoned with? I know you said that she ignored your request to just phone you rather than shout, but have you told her how much it bothers you? Have you conveyed to her that it is more than just a mild annoyance but is actually really upsetting you?

It’s not the upset crying, it’s just the frustration cry I get
Original post by idk01
Is she not someone who can be reasoned with? I know you said that she ignored your request to just phone you rather than shout, but have you told her how much it bothers you? Have you conveyed to her that it is more than just a mild annoyance but is actually really upsetting you?

One of the evenings I just didn’t come down because I was just too frustrated and I was crying then she came up to my room to get me so I told her to just stop it and she just told me to shut up
Original post by cheesecakelove
If it is a set time you have dinner/lunch, just be in the kitchen/dining room at that time. It means your mother doesn't have to shout so loud to get you to come to the dinner table.

The times can vary, it isn’t a fixed time that she makes it
One of the evenings I just didn’t come down because I was just too frustrated and I was crying then she came up to my room to get me so I told her to just stop it and she just told me to shut up

is this the chappatti story?
Original post by meemy123
is this the chappatti story?

Yep I am the same person who had the issues with the chapatti

What a shame, your mum is talking loudly to you. Call childline! 0800 1111

Get a life and some real problems lmao
What a shame, your mum is talking loudly to you. Call childline! 0800 1111

Get a life and some real problems lmao

I’m 19 so I can’t and it’s not funny

I actually hate it

But holly you didn’t answer weather you’d like it or not if you were in my situation, I’m just wandering
But holly you didn’t answer weather you’d like it or not if you were in my situation, I’m just wandering

I wouldn't like it but I'd realise there was bigger issues

Quick Reply

Latest