Which UK universities consider PE as a science based subject?

Watch
chloenix
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
This is a question for my friend who doesn't have a TSR account.
She wants to study biology at university but unis asks for 2 science-based subjects. Some count PE as science, others don't. Does anyone know of a few unis that do count it?
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by chloenix)
She wants to study biology at university but unis asks for 2 science-based subjects. Some count PE as science, others don't. Does anyone know of a few unis that do count it?
If it doesn't specifically state if PE a science subject on the university's entry requirements page, she'll have to contact them directly to confirm.
chloenix
Rep:
?
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
If it doesn't specifically state if PE a science subject on the university's entry requirements page, she'll have to contact them directly to confirm.
I'll tell her thanks
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Lots of universities dont require 2 sciences and I believe Cardiff, Swansea, Aberystwyth and Kent will accept students with Biology only. Your friend needs to check the entry requirements for each university. That will tell her.
StudentRep Connie
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey there
As someone has already mentioned, some universities including Kent (where I go ) only ask for 1 science A-level in their entry requirements. Kent's biology entry requirements are BBC with a B in A-level biology or human biology, for example.
Here's the link to Kent's Biology course if you would like any more info - BSc Biology

It is worth contacting universities that ask for 2 science A-levels though and asking about PE, they might not include this on their website but I'm sure someone from the admissions team at each uni will be able to give you some more info on this
chloenix
Rep:
?
(Original post by StudentRep Annabel)
Hey there
As someone has already mentioned, some universities including Kent (where I go ) only ask for 1 science A-level in their entry requirements. Kent's biology entry requirements are BBC with a B in A-level biology or human biology, for example.
Here's the link to Kent's Biology course if you would like any more info - BSc Biology

It is worth contacting universities that ask for 2 science A-levels though and asking about PE, they might not include this on their website but I'm sure someone from the admissions team at each uni will be able to give you some more info on this
Oh great thank you! I'll let her know about Kent, it was one of her options if I remember correctly
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Oh great thank you! I'll let her know about Kent, it was one of her options if I remember correctly EE
Other universities she could apply to are East Anglia, Keele, Royal Holloway and Sussex. I think all only want 1 science and there will be more if she does her research.
chloenix
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
Other universities she could apply to are East Anglia, Keele, Royal Holloway and Sussex. I think all only want 1 science and there will be more if she does her research.
Thanks again
Keele Student Ambassador1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hello there! As swansea jack1 mentioned, Keele only looks for one science A-level.

The entry requirements for Biology at Keele include:
A Level requirement ABB
To include 1 science A level (Applied Science, Biology, Human Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Geography, Environmental Science, Applied Science, Statistics, Sports Science and Psychology).

GCSE
Maths at C (or 4)
English at C (or 4)

If your friend would like to read more about the Biology course at Keele, she can do so on this link- https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/underg...urses/biology/
Hope this helps!
chloenix
Rep:
?
(Original post by Keele Student Ambassador1)
Hello there! As swansea jack1 mentioned, Keele only looks for one science A-level.

The entry requirements for Biology at Keele include:
A Level requirement ABB
To include 1 science A level (Applied Science, Biology, Human Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Geography, Environmental Science, Applied Science, Statistics, Sports Science and Psychology).

GCSE
Maths at C (or 4)
English at C (or 4)

If your friend would like to read more about the Biology course at Keele, she can do so on this link- https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/underg...urses/biology/
Hope this helps!
Thank you very much this is helpful!
Keele Student Ambassador1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Thank you very much this is helpful!
No problem! If you or your friend has any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (9)
19.15%
Better than expected (10)
21.28%
Worse than expected (28)
59.57%

Watched Threads