Not eating for a month ?

Watch
Second_Beauty
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Can a person survive on drinking only water for a month and no food? I’ve recently heard of some women fasting this way and they lost a ton of weight. They seem to be fine and have testified to not gaining the weight back when they started eating again.
β0b
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Second_Beauty)
Can a person survive on drinking only water for a month and no food? I’ve recently heard of some women fasting this way and they lost a ton of weight. They seem to be fine and have testified to not gaining the weight back when they started eating again.
sounds... dangerous. do they even have dates? surely they have about 3 dates?
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Starvation is not good for you, it could kill you.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
lol, that's such bull****.
Megxn0
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
There are other ways you can lose weight...this is just dangerous
hiiiii1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Usually eating again normally after a period of starvation makes you gain the weight back twice as much. Then the starving would occur again as the person freaks out after seeing the gained weight. This is very unhealthy and there are other much healthier ways of losing weight. This is known as the yoyo cycle, where you lose and gain weight rapidly in a short time, which has damaging effects in the long run.
Second_Beauty
Rep:
?
(Original post by β0b)
sounds... dangerous. do they even have dates? surely they have about 3 dates?
What do you mean? For eating? They said they only drank water so idk but obviously there had to be some cheating along the way. No way can someone go from eating a lot to not eating at all for an extended period
Second_Beauty
Rep:
?
(Original post by hiiiii1)
Usually eating again normally after a period of starvation makes you gain the weight back twice as much. Then the starving would occur again as the person freaks out after seeing the gained weight. This is very unhealthy and there are other much healthier ways of losing weight. This is known as the yoyo cycle, where you lose and gain weight rapidly in a short time, which has damaging effects in the long run.
Yeah, there are loads of other ways. I couldn’t attempt this if I wanted too. I have low iron and other things I suspect. I’m struggling trying to fast. I’ll have to go back to exercise but it’s going to be a nightmare
β0b
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
What do you mean? For eating? They said they only drank water so idk but obviously there had to be some cheating along the way. No way can someone go from eating a lot to not eating at all for an extended period
[img=474x316]https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.ypinVU9H7468U3ZjOi0mYA HaE8&pid=Api[/img]
Academicbee123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
They would royally screw up their metabolism, so when they ate again they would gain weight rapidly.
Hellohsjakodsmka
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
There's literally no point
As soon as u start eating normally you'll gain it all back
β0b
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Academicbee123)
They would royally screw up their metabolism, so when they ate again they would gain weight rapidly.
sooo, is it good that I am eating a butt tonne to the point where my belly hurts every time I break my fast?
hiiiii1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Hellohsjakodsmka)
There's literally no point
As soon as u start eating normally you'll gain it all back
Twice as much to be fair
Second_Beauty
Rep:
?
(Original post by β0b)
[img=474x316]https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.ypinVU9H7468U3ZjOi0mYA HaE8&pid=Api[/img]
Lol what the heck is that 😂
Bambam0102
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Please don’t do this. There are much healthier alternatives to losing weight. A key part is to ask yourself why you want to lose weight. Is it to be healthy? To look the way you want? Maybe some body confidence exercises will help.
Sounds like you’re struggling a little bit, starving yourself is not the answer.
β0b
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Lol what the heck is that 😂
its a date. it is considered a very good food for breaking your fast because it gives a lot of energy because of its natural sugars. they are also quite yummy!
Second_Beauty
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bambam0102)
Please don’t do this. There are much healthier alternatives to losing weight. A key part is to ask yourself why you want to lose weight. Is it to be healthy? To look the way you want? Maybe some body confidence exercises will help.
Sounds like you’re struggling a little bit, starving yourself is not the answer.
I’m struggling with depression. Tbh I only want to lose weight just so I’m not seen as the obese girl. I’m sick of it. Exercise seems like the only option. But whenever I get in a depressive mood, I relapse and fall off from exercising. Also found out I’ve got PCOS which is lessening my chances of losing weight
Second_Beauty
Rep:
?
(Original post by β0b)
its a date. it is considered a very good food for breaking your fast because it gives a lot of energy because of its natural sugars. they are also quite yummy!
I need sources of energy that aren’t black coffee so that’s good. Is it actually called date ? Or is there another name for it ?
Dax_Swagg3r
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
A caloric deficit is all you need to lose weight.
β0b
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I need sources of energy that aren’t black coffee so that’s good. Is it actually called date ? Or is there another name for it ?
DATES
Attached files
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (28)
30.43%
Less motivated (64)
69.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed