The Student Room Group

Dating in your 20s

I think in your 20s it’s almost impossible to get a girlfriend that you find Attractive because of the amount of options women have all they have to do is go on a smart phone dating app and bam 500+ options within 100 miles you can’t stand out it’s not possible, the only ways I can think of getting a girlfriend

Dating apps-these suck big time! I’ve not got a match in ages most the time they don’t even reply I use 7/10 pictures

Cold approaching makes you look creepy as hell esp. in places like london

Through friends this only works if you have a lot of friends and they have to be single and you still need to be ATTRACTIVE also if you have no friends you can’t make friends from scratch anymore (cheers smart phones) you would need to meet someone online first and explains your social circle

Meet-up.com people here are past 25 so they are more older people slim chance also

I think in your 20s dating is impossible to even get an average women because the amount of options they have so unless your filthy rich or like Brad Pitt you’ve had it lol

And if you do get lucky enough to even meet a woman which if you do you are very lucky you’ll get friend zoned lol because they are more than likely talking to 10-20 other dudes as the same time as you you can’t compete.

Sorry for the rant👍

Scroll to see replies

It's kinda true bro. That's why I'm just passively waiting for the one rather than putting any sort of active effort into dating 😔. There are good girls out there I know it - but you have to be very lucky to find them.
Just out of interest, do you find posting the same rants every few weeks therapeutic, or are you genuinely looking for advice?
That’s why you should just give up altogether before you’ve even started
And what exactly happens in your 30s, do you suggest? Or people just get desperate, say **** that and grab the closest person to them?
Reply 5
Yeah man. I ain’t even trying to date until I hit late 20s/early 30s. Unless you’re sexy or funny as hell, don’t recommend dating till you have your career in check
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Top_Lad
And what exactly happens in your 30s, do you suggest? Or people just get desperate, say **** that and grab the closest person to them?

A lot of men usually have a house, money and confidence in their 30s
Is this going to turn into one of those pity threads?
Original post by black tea
Just out of interest, do you find posting the same rants every few weeks therapeutic, or are you genuinely looking for advice?

Someone gets it.
Reply 9
Original post by Top_Lad

Women in their 30s loser their standards
Original post by TheStarboy
Is this going to turn into one of those pity threads?

M-maybe if people pity me, I will get laid!!!11
Reply 11
Original post by Top_Lad

Lower
But I thought society is moving towards independent and equal males and females, so shouldn’t all the feminists stop expecting men to have houses and money and surely all the equality-supporting men wouldn’t even put that on the table.
Original post by Top_Lad
But I thought society is moving towards independent and equal males and females, so shouldn’t all the feminists stop expecting men to have houses and money and surely all the equality-supporting men wouldn’t even put that on the table.

Idk man. Idk about other guys but I honestly feel like I have nothing to offer in a relationship right now so I’m just living my life till I’m a bit older
stop trying- if you find someone, it was meant to happen
if you dont, eh who needs a relationship anyways - most of them end badly with likr divorce, seperation, death, etc.
**** changes you
I find it difficult dating in my 20s not because of technology, not because I’m talking to 20 different guys but because no one is or has ever been interested in me lol
Original post by Toscana
Idk man. Idk about other guys but I honestly feel like I have nothing to offer in a relationship right now so I’m just living my life till I’m a bit older

That’s fair enough but also don’t give up hope, it’s not about what you have to offer right now, it’s about the attitude. I’m sure girls will appreciate you more if you want to offer things to them in the future. I seen some greedy men in their 30s with that “we are equal mentality” and I don’t think it was doing them any favours. Anyways, life can be good with or without a partner so just enjoy yourself at the time being.

Original post by Penjeag
Lower

True, unfortunately for women they can’t wait forever to have children for example, which is what many women want. Neither do they become more attractive with age.
Original post by Top_Lad
True, unfortunately for women they can’t wait forever to have children for example, which is what many women want. Neither do they become more attractive with age.

Thanks for your advice. You’re correct. Its not that I find it difficult to be in a relationship. Its just that, when I’m in one, I feel like I’m not ready for it. I won’t go looking for a relationship but I won’t turn one down for the sake of it either
At present given the restrictions, perhaps focus on something else. Of course it is frustrating when you see the number of women who have had relationships with Russell Brand or Boris Johnson.
Reply 19
I find it difficult to even find anyone as dating apps are complete rubbish lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending