_Jss
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I plan on going into a furniture making apprenticeship once I’ve left college. I’m just finishing my first year so I’ve got a year left, but I’m not sure what level apprenticeship I could do. I haven’t taken any relevant A levels (I’ve taken Physics, Chemistry and Maths) but I am doing a related EPQ. I know that level 3 apprenticeships are essentially A level standard, but would I have to do a level 2 apprenticeship first?? Also are there any furniture making apprenticeships higher than level 3, cuz I wouldn’t mind doing a level 2 then go into a level 3, but I was just wondering if I could go straight into a level 3 especially if there’s any higher levels?? Also on average how long would it take to complete each level??
Lerooooy Jenkins
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by _Jss)
I plan on going into a furniture making apprenticeship once I’ve left college. I’m just finishing my first year so I’ve got a year left, but I’m not sure what level apprenticeship I could do. I haven’t taken any relevant A levels (I’ve taken Physics, Chemistry and Maths) but I am doing a related EPQ. I know that level 3 apprenticeships are essentially A level standard, but would I have to do a level 2 apprenticeship first?? Also are there any furniture making apprenticeships higher than level 3, cuz I wouldn’t mind doing a level 2 then go into a level 3, but I was just wondering if I could go straight into a level 3 especially if there’s any higher levels?? Also on average how long would it take to complete each level??
Some employers take you on at Level 3 & some don't. I think It's best to call/email the company you are applying for to confirm you can do a level 3 in your chosen field. The requirements for the role should be on the job description.

It completely depends on the apprenticeships; some Level 3 apprenticeships can last up to 24 or 18 months.
Level 2 apprenticeships are around 12 -13 months
You can complete your qualification way earlier than this but, you will have to wait until your apprenticeship contract ends in order to progress to another apprenticeship level - if you or the employer wants to.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
57.52%
I don't have everything I need (144)
42.48%

Watched Threads