Are there pills to improve memory or intelligence?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I know there are pills for improving your memory but do they work for an average 20-year-old female?
Can it make you remember more information hence makes you smarter and boosts brain power?
Hoodlum123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
There is no shortcut to being smart/intelligent.
Anonymous #2
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I know there are pills for improving your memory but do they work for an average 20-year-old female?
Can it make you remember more information hence makes you smarter and boosts brain power?
I’m my opinion, Intelligence is more like memorising/wider reading like once you’ve done enough of both then you’ll naturally be more intelligent as you gained more knowledge but yes you have to work for it
StaceyClemo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi there,

I don't believe there are pills as such, but you could always try fish oil/omega 3 tablets as omega 3 has shown to improve brain grey matter.

There are lifestyle choices you could make to improve your memory and cognitive functioning - reducing stress, light to moderate exercise, yoga, meditation, nutritious foods and abstaining from binge drinking and drug use.

If you truly want to improve your quality of learning it is worth trying to employ a few of these strategies to see whether you can observe a noticeable difference in how you think. Plus, they will probably just make you feel generally better as well!

Hope this helps!
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Not really. There are some pills that notionally help brain activity and such but whether or not they definitively is still up for debate.
Anonymous #3
Report 11 months ago
hard work
Respect.Global
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Well not recommending it however the ADHD drug Ritalin has been shown in people who don’t have the disorder to increase their attention and concentration. Probably why it’s used by uni students to cram during exams.
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Limitless wasn't a documentary.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (15)
11.03%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (87)
63.97%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (18)
13.24%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (13)
9.56%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (3)
2.21%

Watched Threads