When will we return to "normal"

Watch
Ferrograd
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
As in allowed to see ppl without having to stay 2 metres etc.

Interestingly, the government's contact tracers are only being hired for 3 months (initially).

Will we return to normal without a vaccine?

Or can we return to normal if drugs are found. Given for most people COVID is a mild disease, is it worth shutting down society in one way or the other in the long term if the elderly and vulnerable groups can be protected? The NHS are using some blood thinning drug that can reduce death of those in hospital.

I'd like to think autumn. I hope by this time next year things are normal or as normal as they can be and we can see ppl and actually be close
username4222532
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Ferrograd)

Interestingly, the government's contact tracers are only being hired for 3 months (initially).

Or can we return to normal if drugs are found. Given for most people COVID is a mild disease, is it worth shutting down society in one way or the other in the long term if the elderly and vulnerable groups can be protected? The NHS are using some blood thinning drug that can reduce death of those in hospital.

I'd like to think autumn. I hope by this time next year things are normal or as normal as they can be and we can see ppl and actually be close
l dont things will ever be normal again
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Havent you asked this question several times before...?

Well it hardly makes sense to hire them on maximilist contracts as opposed to short ones with the possibility on renewing.
Of course. No country can afford to mothball itself for the projected year or two before one might be available.

[/quote]
Possibly this
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Yeah, it'll probably be mostly done in the next couple of months. In the moment people tend to overreact to things. I remember one of my teachers was thinking we'd be out of school for 18 months. Not looking too likely atm. It'd because they haven't seen it end, or any indicators of it ending, so they can't imagine it ever doing so. So at best they give some figure that in the moment sounds forever away.

I'm starting to grow skeptical of the benefits of locking down, looking at the unprevented epidemic in care homes and countries like Sweden which didn't lock down. I think the longer this lockdown goes, the more people will become skeptical of the benefits maintaining lockdown will have so I don't exactly expect us to be in lockdown at Christmas.

And going back to normal in a societal respect? That's easy, people forget about things really quick. Society's collective memory is pretty shoddy.
TJ1997
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I'd say by the end of the year. The slight easing of the lockdown is pushing the R rate up it seems so lets see that go down considerably first and then we'll see restrictions being lifted one by one. There's also no vaccine yet so that may also need to come about to return everything absolutely back to where we were.
Ferrograd
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Apparently Boris is saying he wants the country "near normal" by July and wants it "fast tracked". It's funny because while he was in hospital and just after he came out everyone was saying oh no he's changed his mind he's really anxious about easing it. I thought it was supposed to be a six month plan stretching to October, seems like gyms would open in July then, given similar articles reporting hairdressers would open in October. Which is good for me
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Nobody. ****ing. Knows.
username4222532
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Apparently Boris is saying he wants the country "near normal" by July and wants it "fast tracked". It's funny because while he was in hospital and just after he came out everyone was saying oh no he's changed his mind he's really anxious about easing it. I thought it was supposed to be a six month plan stretching to October, seems like gyms would open in July then, given similar articles reporting hairdressers would open in October. Which is good for me
l need a hair cut and boris was in hospital for no reason there was nothing wrong with him it was all an act
khadijaaaxxxx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
i think everything will go back to normal probably by either late winter or next spring.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (674)
41.3%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed