The Student Room Group

Mental health during the lockdown

Is anybody here going through mild depression due to this lockdown or am I the only one? 🤷🏻*♀️

Scroll to see replies

My mental health has gotten worse during the lockdown. Try to hang in there and just know this will end hopefully soon.
Try and set yourself things you want to achieve maybe? It would probably distract you enough to feel a bit better
Reply 3
Yup, my anxiety has been going through the roof.
I havent even been able to talk to my therapist about it.
Reply 4
Mine's gotten worse. :dontknow: I tried to speak to my psychiatrist about it, but she didn't get it lmao.

Don't think this is uncommon tbh.
Mine got worse in the early days but as time has gone on it has improved as I accept the position I find myself in. That is not to say I don't have bad days, but they are less frequent maybe twice a week.
Reply 6
Original post by Tsranonymous123
My mental health was so fine up until a week ago. I’m not too bad at the moment but a few days ago I was crying my eyes out, staying in my bedroom the whole day not talking to anyone in my family. I started self-harming again worse than I’ve ever done before and I overdosed on my anti-depressants aswell which made me feel awful obviously. I’m trying to avoid being alone as much as I can because my thoughts are so toxic I can’t bear them. Hope you’re okay though:smile:

Let’s communicate our problems if possible. Might make us all feel a little better about ourselves. And we are all here if you ever feel like talking to anyone 💕
Reply 7
Original post by Pathway
Mine's gotten worse. :dontknow: I tried to speak to my psychiatrist about it, but she didn't get it lmao.

Don't think this is uncommon tbh.

Tell me about it 🙊 Literally everyone is going through the same thing here. Let’s hope everything gets better and bw get to go out again with the people we love.
I'm just really angry... Alot. Which is problem a defense mechanism for being sad. I'm generally optimistic but i feel trapped in this country tbh, because I trusted it after studying here for three years.... I also feel like I've lost my admiration for what i envisioned in my fantasy the UK to stand for. Should have just rushed back to Germany when I had the chance, but i wanted to finish exams here...and pick up my degree certificate rather than have it mailed, since i have a tight window for starting my master's in the Netherlands and they need the document and i want my degree... At least i can snap a pic of that for instagram, since celebrations aren't in order. Reading Italy going back to near normal next week and this whole late July thing. It's far to slow and bobbled...everyone is just enjoying their summer.... To an extent... And we're just what? Unlimited excercise.
Reply 9
Original post by DiddyDec
Mine got worse in the early days but as time has gone on it has improved as I accept the position I find myself in. That is not to say I don't have bad days, but they are less frequent maybe twice a week.

Hang in there buddy! We are all in this together 💕
Original post by mnaureen
Let’s communicate our problems if possible. Might make us all feel a little better about ourselves. And we are all here if you ever feel like talking to anyone 💕

I’ve just started getting close to an old friend and I want to tell him everything about my depression but I’m just so scared of rejection and of being judged. I feel like if I had someone to talk to it’d be a huge weight of my shoulders. I tried to talk to my best friend about it once but she didn’t want to know:/
Original post by Realitysreflexx
I'm just really angry... Alot. Which is problem a defense mechanism for being sad. I'm generally optimistic but i feel trapped in this country tbh, because I trusted it after studying here for three years.... I also feel like I've lost my admiration for what i envisioned in my fantasy the UK to stand for. Should have just rushed back to Germany when I had the chance, but i wanted to finish exams here...and pick up my degree certificate rather than have it mailed, since i have a tight window for starting my master's in the Netherlands and they need the document and i want my degree... At least i can snap a pic of that for instagram, since celebrations aren't in order. Reading Italy going back to near normal next week and this whole late July thing. It's far to slow and bobbled...everyone is just enjoying their summer.... To an extent... And we're just what? Unlimited excercise.

Is Germany your home and where your family is? You must wish you were back home. That’s sad. (Sorry if I’m wrong)
Tell me about it 🙊 Literally everyone is going through the same thing here. Let’s hope everything gets better and bw get to go out again with the people we love.

Yeah. I mean, idk when that'll happen for me, I am shielding, so who knows. I just feel more trapped now. But hopefully things will change soon, I just very much doubt it for people in my situation, which is worsening my headspace.
Reply 13

I can only imagine what you are going through rightnow. But trust me dude, things could have been much worse. Atleast you are safe wherever you are. We have waited a long time already, let’s try to keep ourselves together so we can get out of this situation with healthy body and mind.
Reply 14
Original post by Tsranonymous123
I’ve just started getting close to an old friend and I want to tell him everything about my depression but I’m just so scared of rejection and of being judged. I feel like if I had someone to talk to it’d be a huge weight of my shoulders. I tried to talk to my best friend about it once but she didn’t want to know:/

We won’t judge you. You can talk to any of us whenever you want 💛
We won’t judge you. You can talk to any of us whenever you want 💛

Thank you xox
Original post by Fermion.
Is Germany your home and where your family is? You must wish you were back home. That’s sad. (Sorry if I’m wrong)

No luckily my mum i cared for died, she was very vulnerable on dialysis etc a few years ago (this would have been mental her for her, and then no funeral etc), and my dad lives in America so he's fine. But gym's are reopening and I know it sounds futile but i just really love going to the gym to the point if i can't i no longer feel whole. I know it seems retarded. It's not about the way it makes me look, it's the intrinsic happiness i get from it. And i feel it's inevitable the virus is gonna hit back harder in the fall, so why not give us our reprieve during June to August....it's just not logical.
Reply 17
my
Original post by Pathway
Yeah. I mean, idk when that'll happen for me, I am shielding, so who knows. I just feel more trapped now. But hopefully things will change soon, I just very much doubt it for people in my situation, which is worsening my headspace.

I wouldn’t know anything about how that feels like but honestly, I think it would help if you would constantly talk with your friends and family or whoever you are close to. I mean that’s what I have been doing till now. Whenever I feel a little low or even a slightest of madness takes over, I simply call my bestfriend and would talk to her nonstop and that gets me back on the track. I think this will work for you too
my

I wouldn’t know anything about how that feels like but honestly, I think it would help if you would constantly talk with your friends and family or whoever you are close to. I mean that’s what I have been doing till now. Whenever I feel a little low or even a slightest of madness takes over, I simply call my bestfriend and would talk to her nonstop and that gets me back on the track. I think this will work for you too

Yeah, I do speak to them, but you can't always rely on others in that sense, and talking doesn't always help either tbh. My mum's already stressed out so, I don't particularly wanna add to that anymore than I already am. And my close friends have their own issues to deal with. I'm glad you've found what works for you though, that's really good to hear.
No luckily my mum i cared for died, she was very vulnerable on dialysis etc a few years ago (this would have been mental her for her, and then no funeral etc), and my dad lives in America so he's fine. But gym's are reopening and I know it sounds futile but i just really love going to the gym to the point if i can't i no longer feel whole. I know it seems retarded. It's not about the way it makes me look, it's the intrinsic happiness i get from it. And i feel it's inevitable the virus is gonna hit back harder in the fall, so why not give us our reprieve during June to August....it's just not logical.

I totally understand. Oh. Gym’s are reopening in England? Lucky yous. I’d kill to be on a treadmill right now but I don’t think Scotland will get that till August.

Quick Reply

Latest