how many hours would it take to self teach a gcse?

Watch this thread
Stoya
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Specifically:
Chemistry
Physics
Computer science
Latin
English language (how do you even self teach this?)
biology
maths
further maths
Stoya
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
(Original post by Stoya)
Specifically:
Chemistry
Physics
Computer science
Latin
English language (how do you even self teach this?)
biology
maths
further maths
Was also thinking of self teaching Physics Maths Further Maths and Computer Science at a level, am i a madman?
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Are you a private candidate or are you an internal candidate?
Stoya
Rep:
(Original post by PetitePanda)
Are you a private candidate or are you an internal candidate?
I don't know actually, could you define what both of those mean?
PetitePanda
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Stoya)
I don't know actually, could you define what both of those mean?
Private candidate would be a student that’s taking an exam in an exam centre but not involved with that exam centre and a internal candidate is someone who is involved like a student at a school
Stoya
Rep:
(Original post by PetitePanda)
Private candidate would be a student that’s taking an exam in an exam centre but not involved with that exam centre and a internal candidate is someone who is involved like a student at a school
Private candidate, i've been homeschooled for years.
PetitePanda
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Stoya)
Private candidate, i've been homeschooled for years.
For physics, biology, chemistry gcse it wouldn’t be hard due to the resources it has so I assume a year and a few months to learn to content. Computer science is tricky since it has an NEA so you have to find an examboard that doesn’t do nea so avoid it - I personally didn’t take computer science so Idk how much it would take to self teach it. For Latin, Im not sure but for any language I suggest 2 years because languages are hard to master. Bruh English language is hard to self teach - practising the exam technique is how you self teach and improving section 5 is what you focus on as you can revise vocabulary and etc for this. For maths, I would say a few
Months because it’s more with application than learning the content. Then I would focus your other time with further maths because it will be great recap harder maths questions and new content but I don’t know how long it take but maybe a year.

For a levels it would be hard for physics as it has a practical component that’s assessed and computers science that might have an NEA (not sure). Further maths and maths would be easier to self teach as they have lots of resources - I recommend edexcel because their books are great
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (128)
67.37%
No (40)
21.05%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.58%

Watched Threads