How long does Heriot-Watt take to respond for undergraduate application on UCAS?

Watch
Tvesha7
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I had gotten in touch with them and they said that since my application came in after the January deadline, it would be processed after the on-time ones. However I'm getting a bit nervous since I need enough time to prepare for things like Visa and flights to the UK. I sent in my application around early April and was wondering if I have to wait another month to hear from them.
Advertisement
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
The 20th of May is the deadline UCAS sets for universities to respond to offers for those who applied before the January deadline, so I imagine it will be after that. How much longer, I couldn't say...they are only required to consider applications received before the deadline equally, so none of the usual deadlines UCAS sets (or recommends) for universities responding to applicants apply to those applying after the deadline...so we really don't know other than "probably after the 20th of May".
Tvesha7
Rep:
?
(Original post by artful_lounger)
The 20th of May is the deadline UCAS sets for universities to respond to offers for those who applied before the January deadline, so I imagine it will be after that. How much longer, I couldn't say...they are only required to consider applications received before the deadline equally, so none of the usual deadlines UCAS sets (or recommends) for universities responding to applicants apply to those applying after the deadline...so we really don't know other than "probably after the 20th of May".
I see! Thank you very much for your help
Heriot-Watt University - Student Rep
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi there Sorry you haven't heard back yet, I know the admissions teams are working super hard to get through all the applications and things are that bit slower this year because of everything that's going on! I wouldn't worry too much at this stage about not hearing back, particularly as you applied after the deadline. If you still haven't heard in a few weeks time you can of course get in contact with us ([email protected]) and we can check the status of your application and hopefully give you a bit of a clearer idea when you might hear. In the meantime, if you have any questions about HWU do let me know and I'll be happy to answer them

Dan
Data Science, MSc @ HWU
Tvesha7
Rep:
?
(Original post by Heriot-Watt University - Student Rep)
Hi there Sorry you haven't heard back yet, I know the admissions teams are working super hard to get through all the applications and things are that bit slower this year because of everything that's going on! I wouldn't worry too much at this stage about not hearing back, particularly as you applied after the deadline. If you still haven't heard in a few weeks time you can of course get in contact with us ([email protected]) and we can check the status of your application and hopefully give you a bit of a clearer idea when you might hear. In the meantime, if you have any questions about HWU do let me know and I'll be happy to answer them

Dan
Data Science, MSc @ HWU
Of course, I understand the extra delay this year. Hope I hear back from them in a few weeks! Where can I get in touch with you for more questions about HW? Thanks for the help
Advertisement
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Tvesha7)
Of course, I understand the extra delay this year. Hope I hear back from them in a few weeks! Where can I get in touch with you for more questions about HW? Thanks for the help
If you go to https://www.hw.ac.uk/uk/visit/chat-to-a-student.htm you can find current HWU students you can message and ask any questions. I'm on there but we have people from all different subjects so hopefully you can find someone who's a good match for you!

Dan
Data Science, MSc @ HWU
Tvesha7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
If you go to https://www.hw.ac.uk/uk/visit/chat-to-a-student.htm you can find current HWU students you can message and ask any questions. I'm on there but we have people from all different subjects so hopefully you can find someone who's a good match for you!

Dan
Data Science, MSc @ HWU
Hi again Dan, I got in touch with the university at [email protected] 2 weeks ago and last Monday (8th June) they said they would get in touch with the admissions officer for details on the progress of my application. I sent 2 follow up emails since but have not heard back and I'm starting to get a slight bit worried. Do you know if there's anything I should do?
Advertisement
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Tvesha7)
Hi again Dan, I got in touch with the university at [email protected] 2 weeks ago and last Monday (8th June) they said they would get in touch with the admissions officer for details on the progress of my application. I sent 2 follow up emails since but have not heard back and I'm starting to get a slight bit worried. Do you know if there's anything I should do?
The deadline for people to accept their offers was yesterday so it may be that the admissions teams will now be in a better place to process any applications that came in after the deadline. I know everyone is super stretched at the moment trying to work from home. Try not to worry too much - hopefully you should hear soon - I'm sorry I can't give a more specific timeline.

Dan
Data Science, MSc @ HWU
Tvesha7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
The deadline for people to accept their offers was yesterday so it may be that the admissions teams will now be in a better place to process any applications that came in after the deadline. I know everyone is super stretched at the moment trying to work from home. Try not to worry too much - hopefully you should hear soon - I'm sorry I can't give a more specific timeline.

Dan
Data Science, MSc @ HWU
This itself is pretty helpful and definitely relieves some of my worry, thank you so much once again for your help! Really means a lot.
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (557)
33.96%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (677)
41.28%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (331)
20.18%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.57%

Watched Threads