Foskr4
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hello all,

I’m hoping to start studying paediatric nursing in September and quite nervous about it. How does everyone find it? X

Thanks!
FutureAnnp90
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi,

I’m currently in my first year. It has been a bit of a rollercoaster ride especially due to the current situation but completely manageable.

Is there anything specific you would like to know? What university are you going to in September?
Foskr4
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by FutureAnnp90)
Hi,

I’m currently in my first year. It has been a bit of a rollercoaster ride especially due to the current situation but completely manageable.

Is there anything specific you would like to know? What university are you going to in September?
Thank you for replying! I can imagine with the current situation. I’ve got an offer for the University of southampton and hopefully starting in sept. I’m just interested in how the timetable is & how you find your degree in general & any tips you may have 🙂

Thank you
oliviasibleyx
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi! I'm also hoping to go to Southampton for nursing in September, but I've applied for the dual child and mental health course
FutureAnnp90
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Sofkryan)
Thank you for replying! I can imagine with the current situation. I’ve got an offer for the University of southampton and hopefully starting in sept. I’m just interested in how the timetable is & how you find your degree in general & any tips you may have 🙂

Thank you
I’m currently at LSBU and our timetable was 3 days a week in uni. Hours vary each week and depends on the module content so usually between 9 and 5. They also do blocks of theory and placement.

Have you found out info specifically for Southampton?

I personally haven’t found much of the course that hard level 4 is still pretty close to level 3 but I guess it depends on the uni as well.

As for tips, I would say definitely try and get involved in the lectures and seminars. It makes them less boring and more engaging and you learn better. Don’t be afraid to sit near the front as well you can hear better and less of the chit chat behind you. Never rely on hearsay, always ask your personal tutor, module lead or course leader to clarify information and always check your emails and VLE/blackboard for updates. Start your assignments early! Handed mine in with 12 days left until deadline. This allows you to focus on other assignments and exams and preparation for placement. Also for enrolment, make sure you have all your documents to hand to avoid delaying your enrolment you don’t want that stress!

I wish you luck on your journey to becoming a nurse. If theres anything else just let me know.
FutureAnnp90
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Sofkryan)

Thank you
Oh and by the way, even if your course is online for the first term, its still possible to fully engage. Lots of info will be provided and I’m sure webinars will be held where you can still ask questions. By then, they would of had months to perfect things as to how to run the course online so try not to worry too much about that. They will up date you in due course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (68)
27.53%
No - I have already returned home (27)
10.93%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (51)
20.65%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (26)
10.53%
No - I live at home during term anyway (75)
30.36%

Watched Threads