Sarthak Modh
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I want to know that out of the three Charles Faculties, which one would be better, the First Faculty, Second or HK?

Also include Palacky and Masaryk in the comparison because I cannot decide between them.

I have received acceptances from Masaryk already, and am expecting Palacky and HK to send one soon.

Thanks in advance
Omar55555
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
In terms of reputation and education, then the first faculty is better than all of them. But each and every one of them is different in their own way, so you got to make the decision on which one you like the best & which city you want to live in. Where are you from btw?
Greywolf.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Don’t rely on people you don’t know on a student forum to pick a uni for you, it’s your own decision
Sarthak Modh
Rep:
?
(Original post by Omar55555)
In terms of reputation and education, then the first faculty is better than all of them. But each and every one of them is different in their own way, so you got to make the decision on which one you like the best & which city you want to live in. Where are you from btw?
I've read that the first university has the highest reputation, however the dropout rates tend to shift my choice toward HK, so I am pretty unsure, I live in the UAE since 11 years but originally am Indian
Sarthak Modh
Rep:
?
(Original post by Greywolf.)
Don’t rely on people you don’t know on a student forum to pick a uni for you, it’s your own decision
Yes, that is very true, what I mean to get to know by this question are the different pros and cons of each university, so that it may help me decide which one is better for me, in terms of dropout ratios (Czech has them very high), reputation and recognition, learning environment and stuff like that. I just would like to know the opinions of different people, maybe a student at one of the universities would be able to provide some insight so that I might be able to choose the better one for my own future. Hopefully that makes sense.
Omar55555
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Sarthak Modh)
I've read that the first university has the highest reputation, however the dropout rates tend to shift my choice toward HK, so I am pretty unsure, I live in the UAE since 11 years but originally am Indian
I'm in the UAE as well did you recently receive an offer from HK?
Anonymous #1
Report 9 months ago
If you’re eventually going to choose Charles university in Hradec Kralove let me know because I’m going there too, also I live in the UAE too
Omar55555
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If you’re eventually going to choose Charles university in Hradec Kralove let me know because I’m going there too, also I live in the UAE too
I'm leaning more towards HK but everyone else is saying first faculty but regardless, send me a PM and we can message & know more about each other and form a little group of Dubai kids going to HK haha.
Sarthak Modh
Rep:
?
I'm in the UAE as well did you recently receive an offer from HK?
Yes, only today I received an offer from HK.
Yes, i'll let you know, I'd like to know what led you to choose HK? Also, why didn't you go for Charles First Faculty instead?
Omar55555
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Yes, only today I received an offer from HK.

Yes, i'll let you know, I'd like to know what led you to choose HK? Also, why didn't you go for Charles First Faculty instead?
What other acceptances do you have btw?
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
University of Nottingham Malaysia is a shout
Sarthak Modh
Rep:
?
What other acceptances do you have btw?
I received confirmations from Masaryk and HK, but I believe my Palacky exam and interview went pretty well so I'm expecting them to send one soon, also Charles 1st faculty was good too.
Omar55555
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I received confirmations from Masaryk and HK, but I believe my Palacky exam and interview went pretty well so I'm expecting them to send one soon, also Charles 1st faculty was good too.
Wow that's nice, congratulations on your offers. I've got HK and awaiting first faculty confirmation (but I was told in the interview that I'm admitted)
Sarthak Modh
Rep:
?
Amazing, we'll probably be seeing each other in that case 😁😁
Anonymous #1
Report 9 months ago
I didn’t apply to other Charles University faculties (I only applied to Charles in HK, Masaryk University and palacky university I got accepted into all and I passed the palacky entrance test but I’m still waiting for a confirmation) because I already knew I’d go for Charles uni in HK I chose Charles uni in HK because I think it’s more convenient since it’s in a small city with many international students and also living expenses in HK are more convenient
Sarthak Modh
Rep:
?
I didn’t apply to other Charles University faculties (I only applied to Charles in HK, Masaryk University and palacky university I got accepted into all and I passed the palacky entrance test but I’m still waiting for a confirmation) because I already knew I’d go for Charles uni in HK I chose Charles uni in HK because I think it’s more convenient since it’s in a small city with many international students and also living expenses in HK are more convenient
That's great, where are you from originally?
Omar55555
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
That's great, congratulations on your acceptances! Although for HK, I've heard it's not filled with foreign students. I heard there are only about a hundred of them, which isn't that bad but it's negligible compared to that of Prague and especially Brno. And plus, there aren't many English-speakers in the city.
Darth197
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi all, my name is Deelan Vadher. I'm a current student at Masaryk University, president of our international student body and I've written a few blogs on life as a student here and common pitfalls. Happy to answer any questions you have about MU/Brno etc
Anonymous #1
Report 9 months ago
That's great, congratulations on your acceptances! Although for HK, I've heard it's not filled with foreign students. I heard there are only about a hundred of them, which isn't that bad but it's negligible compared to that of Prague and especially Brno. And plus, there aren't many English-speakers in the city.
Oh yikes in that case I’ll have to rethink wether I’d wanna go for Masaryk University or Charles university in HK
Omar55555
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Oh yikes in that case I’ll have to rethink wether I’d wanna go for Masaryk University or Charles university in HK
I would strongly advise against Masaryk University if I were you, they have a very high dropout rate (but an amazing campus). I think they're higher than Charles HK, but at the end, it is your decision
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (62)
12.94%
Virtual campus tours/open days (111)
23.17%
Live streaming events (44)
9.19%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (46)
9.6%
A uni comparison tool (109)
22.76%
An in-person event when available (107)
22.34%