Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I got an offer to study here and was wondering what the Harrow halls are like and whether there are any issues with the rooms. I’m still trying to figure out whether I should live in accommodation for uni or live at home and take an hour commute
University of Westminster
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I got an offer to study here and was wondering what the Harrow halls are like and whether there are any issues with the rooms. I’m still trying to figure out whether I should live in accommodation for uni or live at home and take an hour commute
Hi there

You can stay at home of course and commute in to your class but i would always recommend staying in Halls for your first year if you can. This is where you get to meet new people from across all courses and make new friends. Most 1st year Harrow students will be in Halls at Harrow. There is also a good student night at the bar that many students go to.

Harrow Halls are right on campus and is a quick 5 minute walk to lectures. There is lots of green space outside for playing games or just relaxing. I've not heard of any issues with the rooms.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
ORANGEBLOOD122
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey, I lived at Harrow in my first year, as far as the room itself goes, the rooms aren't really that nice, but obviously because its London I think your expectations are a bit lowered anyway, my room had black mould around the walls, the shower is tiny and the water would go from burning hot to cold, and also overflow quite a lot (LOL), some rooms (I stayed in the single en suite) had been updated but most haven't, and honestly looked quite outdated, the kitchen's are really echoey which sometimes makes it hard to talk to people. In general not the worst halls i've ever been in but not the best by any means, especially considering they are 175-180 a week. The area around Uni is okay but there isn't anything that interesting no good shops or restaurants. And there's only one on campus bar for a night out which isn't great either, in general I think the social night life is really poor compared to a lot of other uni's in London, I had more nights out with my friend at Goldsmiths then I ever did at Harrow!
dr378
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
If anyone is still looking for accommodation near UoW, I'm looking for someone to take over my contract for the next academic year.

It's for a one bedroom ensuite room in a shared flat at Unite Students. It's £205pw which is reasonable considering the contract includes bills, wifi, common room, study room, laundry facilities etc.

The accommodation is in Tottenham hale, north London and is a 2 min walk away from the underground station. Only takes 15 minutes to get to zone 1.

Message me if interested!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (119)
27.11%
England (156)
35.54%
Belgium (33)
7.52%
Germany (43)
9.79%
Spain (10)
2.28%