The Student Room Group

Foundation Programme

I am Dhanish I am a non UK/EU. I will complete my medical graduation at 2021 outside UK/EU. I would like to take plab once completing. I would like to do foundation at Aberdeen. If I pass plab, how long will it take me to get a post as FY1.

Ps: I would like to do Foundation in Scotland, no matter where..
(edited 3 years ago)
Your going to need to significantly improve your English. If you plan on any kind of study in the UK, much less medicine.
https://thesavvyimg.co.uk/whats-new-with-the-uk-foundation-programme-2020/

I believe you start foundation programme 1 year after you graduate because you have to sit the PLABs after you graduate.
Original post by Realitysreflexx
Your going to need to significantly improve your English. If you plan on any kind of study in the UK, much less medicine.

You're*

And you're going to need to improve your reading comprehensive skills if you did not grasp that he is already a medical student.
Original post by Es0phagus
You're*

And you're going to need to improve your reading comprehensive skills if you did not grasp that he is already a medical student.

That wasn't his initial statement, hence the edit.. Smarty pants.
Original post by Dhanish12
I am Dhanish I am a non UK/EU. I will complete my medical graduation at 2021 outside UK/EU. I would like to take plab once completing. I would like to do foundation at Aberdeen. If I pass plab, how long will it take me to get a post as FY1.

Ps: I would like to do Foundation in Scotland, no matter where..

You are best looking at the UKFPO website and the eligibility section around application. If you want to start with ukfpo F1 in august 2021 you will need to start applying shortly.
https://foundationprogramme.nhs.uk/programmes/2-year-foundation-programme/eligibility-information/
This has all the info you need. Good luck.
Reply 6
You will need, 7.5 ielts or an 400 inoet exam
Then apply in july august period with your scores on the ukfpo website. If you apply within an year of graduation you wont have to give clinical assessment exam and only need the SJT exam.also need to pass plab 1 and 2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending