Want more information about this university?

Coventry or sheffield hallam or liverpool john moores university

Watch
Pkundu
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I have an offer in msc cyber security from Coventry, sheffield hallam and ljmu. Can any one suggest me which one of these is the best option and Which of these unis certificate will have a larger value for the job market in uk ?
Last edited by Pkundu; 8 months ago
Anonymous #1
Report 8 months ago
I’ve heard that concentrates has a bad reputation and I don’t like it personally. I’m going to LJMU this September and i think it’s quite good and the city is great too.
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Pkundu)
I have an offer in msc cyber security from Coventry, sheffield hallam and ljmu. Can any one suggest me which one of these is the best option and Which of these unis certificate will have a larger value for the job market in uk ?
Hi Pkundu,

We are glad to see you are considering joining us soon for the MSc Cyber security course. Coventry university has a fantastic engineering, environment and computing (EEC) department with a brand new extension to the existing EEC building opened this year with the best technology for your studies.

The Cyber Security course is designed to equip you to work at a professional level and develop a range of industry-informed knowledge and skills. The Cyber Security Research Group here currently has strong links with a number of industries and government bodies for you to access upon graduation. The University is committed to preparing you for your future career and giving you a competitive edge in the graduate job market. The Talent team here provide a wide range of support services to help you plan and prepare for your career. 80% students in this field of study were in work or further study 6 months after graduation too.

I hope this gives some clarity for you. If you have any other questions, let us know. Or go to our website to take a virtual tour of the university to see some of the facilities yourself! www.coventry.ac.uk

Amy
Coventry University - Coventry
Biomedical Science student
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Pkundu)
Hi Pkundu

Congratulations on your offer!

I am a Law student so don’t know much about cyber security however, I will try my best to tell you a bit about Sheffield Hallam.

The main reason I came to Sheffield Hallam was because of how much focus there was on getting practical work experience at the University. So, I was able to undertake a placement at a law firm. I think this was really helpful as it prepared me for future job applications and will hopefully look good on my C.V.

I would recommend you look at what each course offers at each of the uni’s, so the individual modules, the assessments and any extra opportunities offered. And then see which one interests you the most.

We also have a careers team to be really helpful they have advisors from your department, who you can make appointments with to discuss future graduate jobs, part time jobs and any other careers related enquiries. I have had appointments with the careers team, and they have made me feel more confident about my C.V and applications.

Sheffield Hallam university in general also has a really friendly vibe, and the city is also great as there is so much to do.

I hope this helps a little, feel free to ask any me any other questions you may have.

Zaira
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (300)
55.66%
I don't have everything I need (239)
44.34%

Watched Threads