Maintenance loan for Veterinary Medicine as second degree

Watch
tombradbury8
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I am applying to start Veterinary Medicine (Universities & course codes below) in 2021 and have a query regarding the maintenance loan that would be available to me.

University of Bristol - D102
University of Edinburgh - D102
Royal Veterinary College London - D102
Liverpool - D100

I already have undergraduate tuition fees and maintenance loans from the SLC totalling £50,000+.

Would I be correct in estimating the additional maintenance loans totaling between £29,525 and £46,015 based on a 5 year course and a household income of <£50,000 and <£25,000 respectively?

I am wondering if the additional maintenance loans acquired while studying Veterinary Medicine would be added to this sum (not changing the monthly/annual repayments amounts of 9% above £25,000) or be considered a separate loan?

I.e. When I start work after graduating, will I be making repayments of 9% on earnings above £25,000 a year for two separate loans (undergraduate fees/maintenance AND veterinary maintenance loans) or for just one (sum of undergraduate tuition/maintenance + Veterinary medicine maintenance loans)?

Kind regards,

Tom
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by tombradbury8)
I am applying to start Veterinary Medicine (Universities & course codes below) in 2021 and have a query regarding the maintenance loan that would be available to me.

University of Bristol - D102
University of Edinburgh - D102
Royal Veterinary College London - D102
Liverpool - D100

I already have undergraduate tuition fees and maintenance loans from the SLC totalling £50,000+.

Would I be correct in estimating the additional maintenance loans totaling between £29,525 and £46,015 based on a 5 year course and a household income of <£50,000 and <£25,000 respectively?

I am wondering if the additional maintenance loans acquired while studying Veterinary Medicine would be added to this sum (not changing the monthly/annual repayments amounts of 9% above £25,000) or be considered a separate loan?

I.e. When I start work after graduating, will I be making repayments of 9% on earnings above £25,000 a year for two separate loans (undergraduate fees/maintenance AND veterinary maintenance loans) or for just one (sum of undergraduate tuition/maintenance + Veterinary medicine maintenance loans)?

Kind regards,

Tom
Hi Tom, for your repayment query you may find the answers on gov.uk/slc or alternatively you can message our repayments team on Twitter or Facebook https://m.me/SLCRepayment
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (58)
28.86%
No - I have already returned home (24)
11.94%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (46)
22.89%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (20)
9.95%
No - I live at home during term anyway (53)
26.37%

Watched Threads