faizan13din57
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm starting my a-levels next year and I don't need chemistry for a-levels. I'm not sure which subject I should take as a 3rd, chem or business studies? Ik ppl say chem is hard but my school did this thing where we started a-levels right now till June for a headstart. So far, I've understood what the teacher is teaching me but I'm still unsure what to take. Is business hard. Btw I'm doing international a-levels.
katmai
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What are you thinking of doing at uni? If you’re required a certain type of subject then take one which will suit your course. If not just do what you enjoy the most
faizan13din57
Rep:
?
(Original post by katmai)
What are you thinking of doing at uni? If you’re required a certain type of subject then take one which will suit your course. If not just do what you enjoy the most
I'm taking physics and maths. I'm going for AI degree
katmai
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by faizan13din57)
I'm taking physics and maths. I'm going for AI degree
I would just do what you enjoy then. I was unsure between drama and English lit based on one being a facilitating subject. I chose drama because I enjoyed it more and haven't regretted it. I don't know enough about your course to say what they'd prefer but if neither business or chem are required just do what you enjoy more!
DOOODARS
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just do what you enjoy/ are already good at. I do chemistry for a level and although it is hard work, I really enjoy
faizan13din57
Rep:
?
(Original post by Himynameisdaisy)
Just do what you enjoy/ are already good at. I do chemistry for a level and although it is hard work, I really enjoy
Tbh the teacher gave me a predicted grade of 9 for chem but I wasn’t so sure bout taking for a levels but when I got a taster for bio and chem, I found bio harder.
DOOODARS
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by faizan13din57)
Tbh the teacher gave me a predicted grade of 9 for chem but I wasn’t so sure bout taking for a levels but when I got a taster for bio and chem, I found bio harder.
Firstly, good for your for your predicted grade! I finished with a 7 in chemistry, and I’m currently doing fine, so you should definitely do fine, assuming you put the work in obviously. A lot of the chemistry content is new, hence why it is considered to be the hardest of the sciences, but it does come down to personal preference
faizan13din57
Rep:
?
(Original post by Himynameisdaisy)
Firstly, good for your for your predicted grade! I finished with a 7 in chemistry, and I’m currently doing fine, so you should definitely do fine, assuming you put the work in obviously. A lot of the chemistry content is new, hence why it is considered to be the hardest of the sciences, but it does come down to personal preference
ok thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (74)
28.03%
England (91)
34.47%
Belgium (20)
7.58%
Germany (34)
12.88%
Spain (3)
1.14%