Student_xx03
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
So I’m in year 11 and just in case I don’t get the results I need to do biology chemistry and maths I have a backup. So if I wanted to do phycology at university which type of a levels would I have to do
Thanks
k1255
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Psychology
k1255
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Obviously but I think the rest you can choose whatever you wsnt
Hellohsjakodsmka
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Student_xx03)
So I’m in year 11 and just in case I don’t get the results I need to do biology chemistry and maths I have a backup. So if I wanted to do phycology at university which type of a levels would I have to do
Thanks
There's no specific requirements for a level subjects
Not even psychology
But if you're still worried check the university websites
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
there's no specific requirements, though some unis may ask for a science a level. best to do your own research and pick subjects you think you'd enjoy the most.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Main requirement is to learn how to spell the name of the subject you're interested in.
Some universities like you to have a science. Others say maths is an advantage.
The vast majority, though, it's pretty much a free for all. You don't even have to have studied A Level Psychology!
The first term of my degree was boring as anything, because it was pretty much bringing people up to standard who have never studied it before.
chibibotto
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Funnily enough, universities don't tend to even need psychology A Level! This is because psychology at university is VERY different to how it is at A Level.
Usually, they ask for one to two of the following A Levels: biology/chemistry/physics/maths/psychology.
So, if you plan to study psychology next year, great! But it may help to study another science - which you probably will based on your post.

Good luck
UniofGreenwich
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Student_xx03)
Thanks
Hi,

I have just finished my Psychology degree. Psychology was not required although I did do that for Alevel. I would say that an essay subject (psychology, history, English etc) would be helpful as this is a skill you will need to develop for the course. Depending on the type of psychology the uni teaches (mine is quite focused on social psychology), you may benefit from having a science/maths subject as there is some maths and biology in the bachelors degree usually.

Most uni's will assume that students may not have studied psychology before so ultimately, I would suggest choosing what you want to do and what you enjoy. If you can do the Alevel, it would help you decide if you like the subject.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

Duncan
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.12%
I'm not sure (59)
4.5%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (385)
29.39%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.82%
I'm not a current university student (644)
49.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed