How to fix a bad work ethic?

Watch
Jess.1819
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’ve got college work I need to finish, I’ve already passed the deadline but just can’t bring myself to do it, I’ve been this way with school work since secondary, I hardly revised for exams, always left coursework until last minute and still got good grades which I think is part of my problem, I’ve always been naturally quite smart and have never had to work overly hard to get good grades and I think now I’m having to do 100% coursework and learn something completely from scratch I’m finding it hard to find the motivation.

I’ve also got an unconditional place at Uni so I think somewhere in my brain I’m like I don’t even need this qualification as my next step is already set up but I do know it’s important and will be upset with myself if I don’t try and at least finish it.

I don’t want to sound like I’m moaning as I know I’m very lucky to be in the position I am in but I just wanted to know how other people learned to get a better work ethic? Could really do with learning that skill before uni 😂
The Real Me
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
idk i think just keep all distractions away from you use screen time on your phone and block all the unnecessary apps that you dont need for studying it helps me idk if it will help you
Jess.1819
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by firdouss)
idk i think just keep all distractions away from you use screen time on your phone and block all the unnecessary apps that you dont need for studying it helps me idk if it will help you
Thanks, I don’t think it would help me though, I tend to work better with some background noise or I just stare at walls and stuff 😂
The Real Me
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jess.1819)
Thanks, I don’t think it would help me though, I tend to work better with some background noise or I just stare at walls and stuff 😂
what i do is i put music on low volume so i can listen to my fav music but i dont get distracted by he music and start dancing around
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (191)
43.71%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.21%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
8.01%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
20.82%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.53%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.72%

Watched Threads