what is the best way to revise for GCSE English language?

Watch
Pranav19
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
what is the best way to revise for GCSE English language AQA?
cbutler100
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
only really revision you can do is practice papers - youtubers such as mr bruff can walk you through question types so what you could do is get a paper and watch how to answer that type of question then do that question on your paper. i didnt really do any revision outside of lesson for language and i still pass - its fairly easy so dont stress
username5042652
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Practise questions are the main thing, no theory needed, but make sure you time yourself properly to be able to finish all the questions. It’s a race against the clock in language.
Dancer2001
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Reading through example answers from other people at your level (and slightly above), and improving them.
username5258262
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
ask your teacher for exemplar essays
tuttifruity1206
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I got a 9 in English Language and I can attribute that grade to Mr Bruff.
He saved my english language gcse after getting 4/5s in my mocks.
Watch his videos, make notes while watching them and then put that knowledge into practice through trying out some exam questions.
Technique is everything in english language so practising and sorting out time management is essential.
I would also recommend reading books/poems to see what techniques they use and picking out specific phrases to use in question 5 in paper 1.
I ended up reading the other anthology of poems that I wasn't studying to pick out some phrases and words to use in the exam and I found that really helped me sound more sophisticated in my writing.
Best of luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (324)
56.15%
I don't have everything I need (253)
43.85%

Watched Threads