igetlevel9's
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
i am unsure on whether to do maths, chem,bio, further maths or replace further maths with geography
Luwei
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If you want to study maths take further maths; if you want to study geography take geography.
Arctic Kitten
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
further maths, if you are confident in it. It is much more 'prestigious' i guess
igetlevel9's
Rep:
?
(Original post by Luwei)
If you want to study maths take further maths; if you want to study geography take geography.
thanks but unsure as at gcse i am hopfully easily getting a 9 in geography as i got 9 in mocks however in maths i only got a 8 in mocks
Luwei
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I got an 8 in GCSE Maths and I am predicted an A in further maths so doesnt matter.
igetlevel9's
Rep:
?
(Original post by Arctic Kitten)
further maths, if you are confident in it. It is much more 'prestigious' i guess
Thanks for the reply it seems hard but i feel like if i put enough work in its doable the thing is geography i am easily able to vcarry to the end however further maths + my other 3 options would be a lot of work
Arctic Kitten
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by igetlevel9's)
Thanks for the reply it seems hard but i feel like if i put enough work in its doable the thing is geography i am easily able to vcarry to the end however further maths + my other 3 options would be a lot of work
unless you want to do geography (and related) in uni, even AS further maths is better than geography. at least it tells that you're good at maths. geography is mehhh
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Arctic Kitten)
It is not prestigious as geography. It's more preferred as it goes well with other stem subjects and helps with degrees
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
What do you like and not like about both of them? What do you enjoy more? Do you know what to do in the future?
igetlevel9's
Rep:
?
(Original post by PetitePanda)
What do you like and not like about both of them? What do you enjoy more? Do you know what to do in the future?
I know nothing about further maths yet as i didnt do it at gcse but i really like the economic/human part of geography. Im still unsure on what to do in the future but i hope to find out soon hope you can help! For Maths personally i dont really like graphs but im still good at it and geography i mean memorising caste study details is tedious yet easy
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by igetlevel9's)
I know nothing about further maths yet as i didnt do it at gcse but i really like the economic/human part of geography. Im still unsure on what to do in the future but i hope to find out soon hope you can help! For Maths personally i dont really like graphs but im still good at it and geography i mean memorising caste study details is tedious yet easy
Further maths gives you a more understanding of A level maths - it explains why we do certain stuff. It is interesting to some but you dont need it to do well in A level maths. If you like geography more, totally go for it.
igetlevel9's
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by PetitePanda)
Further maths gives you a more understanding of A level maths - it explains why we do certain stuff. It is interesting to some but you dont need it to do well in A level maths. If you like geography more, totally go for it.
Okay Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (9)
20%
Better than expected (10)
22.22%
Worse than expected (26)
57.78%

Watched Threads