Leila5783
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hello,
Could anyone who is studying the paramedic science course at Coventry possibly give me an example time table and tell me what they think of the city and the course?
Thanks
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hey there

It's great to hear you are interested in studying at Coventry University!

Although I am a Final Year Business Management student, I am more than happy to still answer questions relating to the City and the University in general.

I have really enjoyed living in Coventry. Not only is it compact so you don't have to worry about unnecessary travelling, but they have everything within arm's length. Depending on where you choose to stay during the first year, you'll have everything from the campus, shops, restaurants, train station and bus park within 15-20 minutes of each other!

Also, Coventry is now City of Culture 2021, so the city is receiving generous funding in preparation for the year too, which is super cool!

For specifics regarding the course, then if you head over to https://www.coventry.ac.uk/study-at-...our-open-days/ they actually have a live chat function for course-related queries

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions or want to know more about the University then please give us a shout!

Wishing you all the best,

Megan
Student Ambassador at Coventry University
Leila5783
Rep:
?
Thanks for the help! 😄 Would you also happen to know how accessible car parking is in Coventry/ near the uni and if/ which accommodations have car parking available as I would be looking to drive into Coventry?
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Leila5783)
Thanks for the help! 😄 Would you also happen to know how accessible car parking is in Coventry/ near the uni and if/ which accommodations have car parking available as I would be looking to drive into Coventry?
Hi Leila5783,

Parking is somewhat accessible. There are a 2 university owned car parks that are close to the main campus and the CUC campus which cost £2 all day. However they fill up very quickly so you have to arrive early to get a space. I park my car in a multi-storey car park on the other side of the city (10/15min walk to uni) which costs £2.20 all day which is much more likely that I'll get a space!

Singer hall residence has onsite parking but again its quite small and can fill up quickly. I believe there are spaces for cars at other accommodations but they also have limited spaces and believe you have to be a resident to access parking. Take a look on the accommodation page on the website where information about parking in each residence is:
https://www.coventry.ac.uk/life-on-c...duate-choices/

I hope this helps, any more questions, let us know!

Amy
Coventry University - Coventry
Biomedical Science student
Anonymous #1
Report 8 months ago
Parking at Coventry university is quite hectic as the student car park which is located at CV1 5PW gets full by 8:30am ish.
There are council car parks near the uni which can be expensive
There are also about 4-5 bays outside The Alison gingell building- HLS students use this building
I have listed a few car parks/spaces near the Richard crossman building:

1)Much park street, CV12HF: 50p for 30 mins, £1 for 1 hour, £2 for 2 hours, £3 for 3 hours and £4 for 4 hours
2)Whitefriars Car Park, CV12DT : Up to 1 Hour £2.00, 1 to 2 Hours £3.00, 2 to 3 Hours £4.00 ,3 to 4 hours £5.00, 4 to 5 hours £6.00.
3)St John's Street ,CV12LZ :50p for 30 mins, £1 for 1 hour, £2 for 2 hours, £3 for 3 hours and £4 for 4 hours

other car parks
Grove Street surface car park, CV1 5PH
Lower Ford Street Car Park, CV1 5PS
Gosford Street Car Park
Leila5783
Rep:
?
Thanks very much to both of you that is very helpful. Does anyone know if there are any safe 24 hour car parks that aren’t too expensive if I was to leave my car for a day or two?
Thanks!
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Thanks very much to both of you that is very helpful. Does anyone know if there are any safe 24 hour car parks that aren’t too expensive if I was to leave my car for a day or two?
Thanks!
Hey there,

Thank you for your message! Yes, there are 24 hour car parks that aren't too expensive, check out his website for further information https://www.coventry.gov.uk/director...50/whitefriars. The website tells you the price per hour, options for different type of car parking to hopefully answer what you're looking for!

I hope this answers your question, and if you have any further questions let us know!. Have a lovely day.

Veronica
Dietetics and Human Nutrition Student
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (386)
56.6%
I don't have everything I need (296)
43.4%

Watched Threads