The Student Room Group

MU Plovdiv 2020 ENTRY

Scroll to see replies

Hi. What sort of scores have you guys been getting on the past papers? My a levels were a bit dead so I don’t know how good my scores are really
Hi I have done the entry test in July and averaged about 5.85 on both tests. All you have to do is go through the tests, correct your mistakes using the syllabus on the website/a Level notes, if you want.

What percentage/points are you getting at the moment?

Original post by Anonymous
Hi. What sort of scores have you guys been getting on the past papers? My a levels were a bit dead so I don’t know how good my scores are really
Hi I have done the entry test in July and averaged about 5.85 on both tests. All you have to do is go through the tests, correct your mistakes using the syllabus on the website/a Level notes, if you want.

Heyy what does 5.85 look like as a percentage? Because I'm wondering what a good score to get in wil be.

And anyone have any tips on organic chem because its just :frown: right now.
Also I really hope the exam questions are exact replicas for chem :/
If the exam is 10:00am +3 hours gmt , does that mean it’s 7:00am for us ?
If the exam is 10:00am +3 hours gmt , does that mean it’s 7:00am for us ?

UK 8am
UK 8am

For the exam on the 29th or the trial on the 27th ?
Heyy what does 5.85 look like as a percentage? Because I'm wondering what a good score to get in wil be.

And anyone have any tips on organic chem because its just :frown: right now.
Also I really hope the exam questions are exact replicas for chem :/

Hi, I am no too sure. If I had to make a guess it would be around 90-95%
Reply 107
can anyone tell me the costs of Medconnect and interhecs etc?
Both I believe. Bulgaria is two hours ahead of the UK
For the exam on the 29th or the trial on the 27th ?
Hi, I am no too sure. If I had to make a guess it would be around 90-95%

Ahhh okay thanks 😊
Reply 110

Damn I’m getting like 75-80% because even though I correct my mistakes etc, those questions never come up again in the other tests. I’ve covered everything but then there’s specific questions on specific elements etc which I just don’t know and on another test it’ll be another specific question on a specific element. Not necessarily a topic that I need to revise :/
Reply 111
Original post by r74uk
Damn I’m getting like 75-80% because even though I correct my mistakes etc, those questions never come up again in the other tests. I’ve covered everything but then there’s specific questions on specific elements etc which I just don’t know and on another test it’ll be another specific question on a specific element. Not necessarily a topic that I need to revise :/

And I got Cs at A-Level so I’m worried 75% won’t be enough 😦
Original post by r74uk
And I got Cs at A-Level so I’m worried 75% won’t be enough 😦

Just keep going over the questions, you can kinda skip past the ones you're confident in. Eventually you'll just memorise the trends.
And does anyone know the difference between "oxidises" "oxidant" and "oxidising agent"??
I used to think oxidant and oxidising agent were interchangeable and oxidises means that molecule undergoes oxidation, but I keep getting these questions wrong for some reason
Hey, my exam is at 12 (+3 GMT) so thats 10 am UK time right or am I bugging?
Original post by MiddleChild

Sounds about right

12pm Bulgarian time is 10am UK time. Bulgaria is 2 hours ahead.

Check with your agency, because we got told that they changed it to 10am bulgarian time (8am here)

"the exam will actually start at 10 AM Bulgarian time (not 12 PM the university made a last minute change)."
But this might just be for Interhecs?? Idk
Reply 118
Just a quick question if I applied next year, and did the exam early on in June, will I still have to wait till September 11th next year to know if I've got an offer or will I know earlier? Thanks
Original post by unagdi
Just a quick question if I applied next year, and did the exam early on in June, will I still have to wait till September 11th next year to know if I've got an offer or will I know earlier? Thanks

Heyy, they said exam results should be published a few days after the exam.
The university will issue conditional letters for people who score a grade of 5.50 and above (maximum is 6.00) in both subjects in an entrance exam before the end of July. This means that if a student has a conditional letter and submits their application documents according to the university’s requirements, he/she will definitely be accepted as a student!

Hope this helps x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending