coriand3r
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Bit of context: I have an unconditional offer from Uni (A) and a conditional offer from Uni (B). Uni (B) has a grade requirement of BBB and I'm worried I'll get those grades and realise later on that I want to go to Uni (A). Is it possible on results day, to choose my insurance, being uni (A) instead of my firm?
studentlemon
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes but it's not just a straight forward case of choosing your insurance. If you meet the requirements of your firm (uni B) then you will have to call them on results day and ask them to withdraw your offer which releases you into clearing. Once you're in clearing (it will say on Track and you'll get a clearing number) then you have to call up uni A and ask them if they're willing to offer you a place. Just because you have an unconditional now doesn't mean they will necessarily be able to give you a place because it depends on how much space they've got left on the course. Uni A can currently see that you've put them down as your insurance and when uni B accept you on results day, uni A release your place/ stop holding your place so your original unconditional offer doesn't mean anything in terms of whether they can offer you a place in clearing. Not sure if that makes sense so if you have any questions please ask.
Last edited by studentlemon; 1 year ago
coriand3r
Rep:
?
Thank you so much for explaining this to me. I guess I'd have to call up the uni and ask them prior to results day if all this is possible.
studentlemon
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah you could if you're 100% certain you now want to go to your insurance. It would be much better sorting it out now than on results day when clearing is usually so busy. Good luck with everything!
coriand3r
Rep:
?
Thank you for your reply.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (112)
27.72%
England (140)
34.65%
Belgium (30)
7.43%
Germany (41)
10.15%
Spain (9)
2.23%