The Student Room Group

How do I make notes for Gcse English Literature!?

I excel in all areas of school, but English lit is something I've not necessarily been bad at, I mean I manage to pull grade 7s but I need grade 9s, my notes aren't proper, I just get lucky to be fair, could someone please tell me how I should structure my notes, I'm confused on where to start?
If you could DM me on insta @xxozainabxxo that would be nice or just pop a reply down below
Thank You :smile:
I'd say that making mind maps on characters and/or themes (only because you get to choose the question in the exam) and having quotes linked to them which you can then analyse and use to back up your points with are always good. I would tell you to just organise a bank of context and alternative interpretations that you can use to enhance your essays without going too over-the-top. If you don't already, you could talk about how structure, form and symbolism are used and why Priestley decided to use them.
Reply 2
Find a certain number of quotes per character, ones that can be linked into multiple things and in your spare time, annotate them and zoom into words to have ideas about stuff to write in the exam.In our school, we were given key adjectives, theme ideas, context and devices used in the plays/books in lit for us to have things to write about alongside the adjectives.
Reply 3
Original post by ohnojay
Find a certain number of quotes per character, ones that can be linked into multiple things and in your spare time, annotate them and zoom into words to have ideas about stuff to write in the exam.In our school, we were given key adjectives, theme ideas, context and devices used in the plays/books in lit for us to have things to write about alongside the adjectives.

thank you so much! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by ermmkells
I'd say that making mind maps on characters and/or themes (only because you get to choose the question in the exam) and having quotes linked to them which you can then analyse and use to back up your points with are always good. I would tell you to just organise a bank of context and alternative interpretations that you can use to enhance your essays without going too over-the-top. If you don't already, you could talk about how structure, form and symbolism are used and why Priestley decided to use them.

thank you! Great advice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest