How flexible is Newcastle with their offers?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hey All,

I am thinking about applying to Newcastle university for entry in 2021 to study law. My teacher suggested it could be a good insurance choice if I did not get the grades for my first choice uni. Even though the grades advertised are AAA to study law, how flexible will newcastle be with this?
bleepbloop63
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
usually most unis are pretty flexible but i’m guessing next year not many will be because a lot of the 2020 applicants are reapplying for next year
Igotbbcalevel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
likely drop a couple grades
katiebillington
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey All,

I am thinking about applying to Newcastle university for entry in 2021 to study law. My teacher suggested it could be a good insurance choice if I did not get the grades for my first choice uni. Even though the grades advertised are AAA to study law, how flexible will newcastle be with this?
From me and my friends experience, they tend to be more flexible with their offers, e.g. it says online AAA for my course but i was offered AAB or ABB if I put them firm. But I think when it comes down to if you are a grade under on results day, they tend to be pretty strict with what they offered you unless they have spaces available, from what I've heard. Maybe check how many spaces and how occupied your course is?
Newcastle University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey All,

Hi Anonymous,

It's great to hear you're interested in studying Law with us!

The Law School can be slightly flexible with grades – in past years we have even been able to accept students with ABB but this obviously depends on the amount of vacancies available that year. It's often difficult to predict how each year will pan out unfortunately. One thing which is a certainty though is that our Law School gives priority to "near miss" applicants who have put Newcastle as their firm choice. If you put us as your insurance, you will only be given priority once the other "near miss" students have been seen to first. So, this may be something to think about!

Because this changes by year, you can always speak to some of our current Law students about their application process and how they found it. You can chat to them via our Unibuddy platform here: https://www.ncl.ac.uk/study/contact/unibuddy/. Follow the link to be connected with our current students and ask them anything about studying with us and university life in Newcastle as a whole.

For anymore admissions questions, you can always get in touch direct with our Undergraduate Admissions team via email at: [email protected].

Hope this helps

- Laura
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (275)
56.35%
I don't have everything I need (213)
43.65%

Watched Threads