Law question liability

Watch this thread
Courtney146
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
If someone threatens someone and that person gets scared and steps back on to the road and gets hit by a car , then does the person who threatened her have any liability towards it, I don’t think so as it was not like the victim was pushed as she moved herself but I can find the legal answer??
kingyii1997
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Courtney146)
If someone threatens someone and that person gets scared and steps back on to the road and gets hit by a car , then does the person who threatened her have any liability towards it, I don’t think so as it was not like the victim was pushed as she moved herself but I can find the legal answer??
1. That person is criminally liable.
2. Threaten someone might amount to an assault.
3. AR is fulfilled since the victim felt scared and steps back
4. MR is satisfied as to the defendant intentionally threaten according to the wording.
5. No defence is available. The intervening act is foreseeable as someone will escape once feel threaten and scare. Apply the 'but for' test'. In this context its a no, therefore the defendant is liable. You can apply the Thin Skull Rule if the question indicates that the victim is more vulnerable.
There are several case law related to this situation. Hope it helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (93)
20.09%
The paper was reasonable (177)
38.23%
Not feeling great about that exam... (119)
25.7%
It was TERRIBLE (74)
15.98%

Watched Threads