The Student Room Group

Languages

My school is letting us take 3 options however I have been able to take four. I am trying to make a decision. I am a bit of a linguist and will probably take French and Spanish GCSE, however I am not sure if this is a good idea. Since languages can be learnt online and French and Spanish are similar, I am wondering if I can get an online degree in Spanish, should I take the two language GCSEs since it would stand out to universities and employers?
Original post by scoobss
My school is letting us take 3 options however I have been able to take four. I am trying to make a decision. I am a bit of a linguist and will probably take French and Spanish GCSE, however I am not sure if this is a good idea. Since languages can be learnt online and French and Spanish are similar, I am wondering if I can get an online degree in Spanish, should I take the two language GCSEs since it would stand out to universities and employers?

Before I start don’t listen about all that language bs at GCSE as long as you get good grades no one cares whether you took a language or not unless your doing a Spanish degree for example

i say go for what you enjoy or good at especially if you take 4
If you think you’re capable of achieving the grade you want in it then yes I would recommend it but honestly the actual classes are soooooooooo boring you can get this thing called ‘the English baccalaureate’ if you do it and a humanity but most people say GCSEs don’t matter so it’s up to you at the end of the day

Quick Reply

Latest